The evolved NATO Sea Sparrow missile is a semi-active missile that requires feed from directors to locate its target, and RAM is a passive missile, meaning the missile uses built-in sensors to home in on targets.
What does NSSM stand for?
NSSM stands for NATO Sea Sparrow Missile
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of NSSM
We have 18 other meanings of NSSM in our Acronym Attic
- Northwest Suburban Soccer League
- Nova Scotia Student Loan
- Nutritional Standards for School Lunches (UK)
- Non-Stock Savings and Loan Association (Philippines)
- North Shore Speech-Language Associates
- National Student Speech Language Hearing Association
- Naval Simulation System Library
- Nova Scotia Student Loan Program (Canada)
- National Security Study Memorandum
- National Sure Start Month (UK; childcare program)
- Navy Spread Spectrum Modem
- Network Systems & Security Management
- Non-Sucking Service Manager (open-source software)
- Nursing Student Success Made Incredibly Easy (book)
- National Security Study Memorandum 200 (US government)
- Nippon Steel and Sumitomo Metal Corporation (Japan)
- Netherlands Support Stop Met Roken (Dutch: Netherlands Support Stop Smoking)
- NATO SEASPARROW Surface Missile System
- National Shop Stewards Network (UK)
- National Shopping Service Network, LLC (Denver, CO)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Note to Editors: Additional Technical Information Under this contract, RTSC will expand its life-cycle product and logistics support to several of Raytheon's systems and solutions, including: Close-in Weapons Systems, NATO SEASPARROW Missile Systems, Ship Self Defense System MK 1 & 2, Search Radars, Target Acquisition System, Cooperative Engagement Capability, Advanced Combat Direction System, AN/SLQ-32, Re-architecture NATO Sea Sparrow Missile Systems, Rolling Airframe Missile System, and Evolved Sea Sparrow Missile.
Sacramento-class Power Plant: Four boilers, geared turbines, two shafts, 100,000 shaft hp Length: 793 feet Beam: 107 feet Displacement: 53,000 tons lull load Speed: 26 knots (30 miles) Aircraft: Two CH-46E Sea Knight helicopters Crew: 24 officers, 576 enlisted Armament: NATO Sea Sparrow missiles, two Phalanx close-in weapons systems.