Options on the NASDAQ Composite Index offer investors a unique instrument for trading and hedging.
What does COMPX stand for?
COMPX stands for NASDAQ Composite Index
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
- Computing & Networking, Its Ethics and Social/Societal Implications
- Computational Physics
- Canadian Optimal Medication Prescribing and Utilization Service
- Computer Security
- Computadoras y Servicios (Guatemala)
- Computational Materials Science
- Common Operating Machine Purposely Used for Technological and Educational Research
- Commonly Operated Machine Particularly Used for Technical Education and Research
- Computer Training Unit Exercise
- Composite Wing
- Cloak of Magic Resistance (NetHack)
- Combinatorial Organic Materials Research
- Commercially Owned, Military Registered
- Communication Research and Development Satellite (NASA)
- China Ocean Mineral Resources Research and Development Association (est. 1991)
- City of Oshawa Marine Rescue Association (Canada)
- Council on Member and Region Affairs (American Society of Safety Engineers)
- Committee on the Organization and Management of Research in Astronomy and Astrophysics (National Academy of Sciences)
- Computer-Aided Design Environment
Samples in periodicals archive:
86, while the technology-heavy Nasdaq composite index rose 5.
The Dow fell more than 3 percent, a greater percentage than either the technology-heavy Nasdaq composite index or the broader Standard & Poor's 500-stock index.
The number of stocks declining each day on the New York Stock Exchange has exceeded the advancing issues for most of the past three months, and the average stock in the Nasdaq Composite Index is down 32 percent from its peak of the past year.
Additionally, they will launch new E-mini NASDAQ Composite Index futures and options contracts on CME's GLOBEX(R) electronic trading platform at 8:30 a.
24 points and the Nasdaq composite index rocketed 108.
We're pleased that Fidelity has chosen the NASDAQ Composite Index as the benchmark for its first ETF," said John L.
The NASDAQ Composite Index is a market capitalization- weighted index of all the common stocks listed on NASDAQ and is the broadest, most well diversified real-time representation of the performance of NASDAQ- listed companies.