Mason Peck from the Cornell University College of Engineering received a NASA Institute for Advanced Concepts (NIAC) Phase I $75,000 award to study an innovative idea for altering spacecraft orbits in future missions.
What does NIAC stand for?
NIAC stands for NASA Institute for Advanced Concepts
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of NIAC
We have 63 other meanings of NIAC in our Acronym Attic
- National Investment Advisory Board (Australia)
- Nose in a Book
- Nuclear Institute for Agriculture and Biology (Pakistan)
- Nucleo Investigativo Antincendio Boschivo (Italian)
- Nugget in a Biscuit
- National Italian American Bar Association
- Northern Ireland Anti-Bullying Forum (UK)
- Northern Ireland Annual Business Inquiry
- Not In Anybody's Back Yard
- Narita International Airport Corporation (Japan)
- National Industry Advisory Committee
- National Infertility Awareness Campaign
- National Information & Analysis Center
- National Infrastructure Advisory Committee
- National Infrastructure Advisory Council
- National Interagency Aviation Council (National Fire and Aviation Executive Board)
- National Internet Advisory Committee
- National Iranian American Council (Washington, DC)
- Naval Intelligence Automation Center
- Navigation Interface and Autopilot Computer
Samples in periodicals archive:
The NASA Institute for Advanced Concepts (NIAC), a think tank established in Atlanta in 1998, has been paying for the study.
12 /PRNewswire/ -- A space telescope that could resolve weather patterns and continents on Earth-like planets around other stars is among five promising ideas selected for more detailed study by the NASA Institute for Advanced Concepts (NIAC) with its 2005 Phase II awards.