The severe form of myotubular myopathy also affects William's breathing and swallowing, meaning he requires round-the-clock care to survive.
What does MTM stand for?
MTM stands for Myotubular Myopathy
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MTM
We have 192 other meanings of MTM in our Acronym Attic
- Multi-Task Machining (a multiple spindle, metal cutting machine)
- Multi-Task Monitor
- Multi-Technology Mix
- Multidisciplinary Team Meeting (healthcare)
- Multimedia Terminal Mobile (mobile phones)
- Multitracker Module (a digital music format)
- Murray to Mountains Rail Trail (Australia)
- Music Tech Magazine (UK)
- Music That Matters (podcast)
- Myndigheten for Tillgangliga Medier (Swedish: Agency for Accessible Media; Ministry of Culture)
- Multi-Taper Method Combined with Singular Value Decomposition
- Metamaterial Loaded Microstrip Transmission Line
- Million Ton Miles/Day
- Mountaintop Mining/Valley Fill
- Monster Truck Madness 2 (Microsoft game)
- Monster Truck Madness 64 (video game)
- Machine Tools Manufacturers' Association (India)
- Magnetic Transparent Media Adapter
- Malaysian Textile Manufacturers Association (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- Mantua Township Missile Agency (Stow, OH)
Samples in periodicals archive:
But Liam proved a fighter and now his family are over the moon to have celebrated his 18th birthday yesterday - a milestone they never could have dreamed he would reach when he was diagnosed with myotubular myopathy.
Our four-year-old son is physically disabled with a rare illness called myotubular myopathy and is wheelchair-bound.
Other Myopathies This group of unrelated genetic muscle disorders (such as central core disease, nemaline myopathy, myotubular myopathy and mitochondrial myopathy) may cause diffuse weakness, some skeletal defomities and progressive muscle wasting, among other symptoms.
Retrophin is currently developing treatments for focal segmental glomerulosclerosis, Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy, spinal muscular atrophy, cystic fibrosis and myotubular myopathy.
Liam Barker suffers from myotubular myopathy, a muscle wasting disorder which means he can make only very small movements.
Most children with Myotubular Myopathy do not live to see their second birthday and only one per cent survive beyond the age of 10.
Retrophin is currently developing treatments for Duchenne muscular dystrophy, spinal muscular atrophy, cystic fibrosis and myotubular myopathy.