Myotonic muscular dystrophy affects about 35,000 people in the U.
What does MMD stand for?
MMD stands for Myotonic Muscular Dystrophy
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MMD
We have 130 other meanings of MMD in our Acronym Attic
- Multi-Mode Digital
- Multi-Scale Materials and Devices
- Multi-Stage Multi-User Detector
- Multimedia Domain (wireless architecture framework)
- Multimode Display
- Municipal Market Data (high grade municipal bond index)
- Munimarket Data Line
- My Marketing Department (various locations)
- Myopic Macular Dystrophy (eyes)
- Myotonic Dystrophy
- Munitions Management Device, Version 1
- 3-Methoxy-4,5-Methylenedioxyamphetamine (psychedelic phenethylamine)
- Madras Metropolitan Development Authority (Recently named to CMDA)
- Manitoba Motor Dealers Association
- Martin Marietta Denver Aerospace
- Metro Manila Development Authority
- Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (Philippines)
- Metropolitan Municipal and District Assembly
- Michigan Medical Device Association
- Minnesota Medical Directors Association (Minneapolis, MN)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Byline: ANI London, Jan 25 (ANI): In a new research on the genetic defect behind myotonic muscular dystrophy, scientists have found that the mutation disrupts an array of metabolic pathways in muscle cells through its effects on two key proteins.
The Company intends to analyze the on-going data collected for various indications, including myotonic muscular dystrophy and ALS, and assess the overall IPLEX(TM) development program, including possible IPLEX(TM) manufacturing options with third parties and possible future clinical trials.
For years, neurologists have noticed a strange phenomenon: Patients afflicted by myotonic muscular dystrophy, a muscle-stiffening disorder, often have children with a more severe form of the disease.
Nasdaq:INSM), a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development and approval of drugs for the treatment of metabolic diseases with unmet medical needs, today announced the planned initiation of a 24-week, multi-center, randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled Phase II clinical trial with IPLEX[TM] in patients with Myotonic Muscular Dystrophy.
Phase II clinical trial evaluating IPLEX(TM) (mecasermin rinfabate) in patients with myotonic muscular dystrophy ("MMD").
Food and Drug Administration for the treatment of a severe growth disorder and is currently being studied as a treatment for myotonic muscular dystrophy, HIV-associated adipose redistribution syndrome and retinopathy of prematurity (ROP).
CEO Geoffrey Allan Will Discuss Company's IPLEX(TM) Program in Myotonic Muscular Dystrophy RICHMOND, Va.