The first case was a 15-year-old girl with SLE who was diagnosed with HPS associated with Mycobacterium avium complex (MAC).
What does MAC stand for?
MAC stands for Mycobacterium Avium Complex (medicine)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MAC
We have 1134 other meanings of MAC in our Acronym Attic
- Municipal Advisory Council
- Municipal Amateur Coordinator
- Municipal Assistance Corporation (New York City)
- Municipal Athletic Complex (various locations)
- Munitions Assembly Conveyor
- Museu da Arte Contemporânea (Sao Paulo, Brazil)
- Music Appreciation Club (various locations)
- Musical Arts Center
- Muslim Association of Canada (Ottawa, Canada)
- Mustang Athletic Complex
- Macintosh Operating System
- Macintosh Operating System X (Ten)
- Months After Contract (Award)
- Military Armistice Commission (Korea)
- Membrane Attack Complex Type 1
- Magnetic Alternating Current Mode Atomic Force Microscopy
- Abstract Test Suite for MAC
- Medicaid Advisory Committee for people with Disabilities
- Multiple-Access Channel with Generalized Feedback
- Media Access Control Packet Data Unit
Samples in periodicals archive:
To interpret PFGE in categories of "indistinguishable," "closely related," and "different," we used previously described criteria for the evaluation of Mycobacterium avium complex (MAC) isolates (27).
The most common NTM is Mycobacterium avium complex or MAC.
9781605730264 Improved mycobacterium avium complex detection methods.
The original bone biopsy culture grew Mycobacterium avium complex (MAC).
Hot tub lung is believed to be a hypersensitivity pneumonitis caused by exposure to aerosolized Mycobacterium avium complex (MAC) and other nontuberculous mycobacteria (NTM) predisposed to grow in indoor hot tubs, enclosed swimming pools, spas, and therapy pools.
Species identification of Mycobacterium avium complex isolates by a variety of molecular techniques.
Culture of BALF grew Mycobacterium avium complex (MAC) in all cases.