The regulations regarding the declaration of cash and bearer negotiable instruments was issued through a resolution by the Central Bank's Board of Directors on October 5, 2010, in order to meet the requirements of the Mutual Evaluation Report prepared by the team of experts from the IMF and the World Bank, under the Financial Sector Assessment Programme.
What does MER stand for?
MER stands for Mutual Evaluation Report (various locations)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MER
We have 173 other meanings of MER in our Acronym Attic
- MITEC Early Release
- Mitigated Emergency Receiver
- Modulation Error Ratio (digital communications)
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Research
- Monthly Economic Review
- Monthly Energy Review
- Mouvement Européen de La Ruralité (French: European Countryside Movement)
- Multi-Echelon Reporting
- Multiple Ejector Rack
- Museum Education Roundtable (Washington, DC)
- Methyl Excision Repair Deficient (oncology)
- Merchant Shipping Control Operating Plan for the United States (US Navy)
- Mars Exploration Rover A (NASA)
- Mars Exploration Rover B (NASA)
- Methanol Extraction Residue of Bacillus Calmette Guerin
- Manila Electric Co. (stock symbol)
- Maine Restaurant Association
- Management by End Results of Activity
- Manitoba Electric Riders Association (Canada)
- McDonald's Corners/Elphin Recreation and Arts (Ontario, Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The APG's Mutual Evaluation Report on Vietnam (July, 2009) mentioned the UNODC/World Bank's activities and noted in the report: 'Despite these efforts [including the efforts of other organizations and government agencies], most Vietnamese officers in investigative agencies are not fully aware of ML/TF threats and vulnerabilities.
Mutual Evaluation Report on India and India's membership issues were discussed in the third meeting of FATF Plenary-XXI held in Amsterdam, Netherlands from June 23 to 25.
Its most recent mutual evaluation report can be found here: http://www.
Once adopted, the mutual evaluation report will be found here: http://www.
The draft AMLA addresses several (but not all) of the deficiencies cited in the mutual evaluation report.
The FATF mutual evaluation report noted that sixteen persons were found guilty and convicted of money laundering from 2002 to 2005, receiving penalties ranging from one year to eight and one-half years' imprisonment.
Seychelles should continue to participate in ESAAMLG, and when the mutual evaluation report is finalized, work to address any further deficiencies outlined therein.