But, aside from the political intrigue surrounding the flap between DMK and Congress, the lawmaker in question is named Muthuvel Karunanidhi Stalin -- and, yes, he was named after the infamous Soviet Union dictator who is believed to have killed at least 20-million of his own people during his bloody 30-year reign.
What does MK stand for?
MK stands for Muthuvel Karunanidhi (Indian politician)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of MK
We have 32 other meanings of MK in our Acronym Attic
- Mong Kok (Hong Kong)
- Monk Killers (gaming clan)
- Monkey King (film)
- Montreal Kosher
- Morrison Knudsen
- Mortal Kombat
- Mount Kilimanjaro (Tanzania, Africa)
- Mountain King (gaming)
- Multy Kontact (UK plug and socket manufacturer)
- Mushroom Kingdom (Mario video games)
- Mystic Kingdom (online gaming)
- Umkhonto We Sizwe (Afrikaans-Spear of the Nation, South African Black Underground Movement)
- Umkhonto We Sizwe (Spear of the Nation)
- Mortal Kombat Versus DC Universe
- Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen (twin actresses)
- Missouri Kansas & Texas Railroad
- 5-Methyl-10,11-dihydro-5H-dibenzo[a,d]cyclohepten-5,10-imine (receptor antagonist; also known as dizocilpine)
- Mario Kart:Double Dash (video game)
- Mortal Kombat 2
- Mortal Kombat 3
Samples in periodicals archive:
Born on March 1, 1953, Muthuvel Karunanidhi Stalin, popularly known as M.
For chief minister Muthuvel Karunanidhi, the problems seem more to do with internal issues rather than the pressure being put by the opposition AIADMK front.
Portfolio discussions On the other hand, Barkha Dutt assured Radia of getting Gulam Nabi Azad, the Congress party's general secretary in charge of Tamil Nadu, to talk to Muthuvel Karunanidhi, the chief minister of Tamil Nadu, to get the Dravida Munnettra Kazhagam portfolios in the cabinet fixed according to the wishes of his daughter Kanimozhi.
Political analysts said Singh is visiting the island to defuse tensions created by India's Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu State Muthuvel Karunanidhi, who suggested that Sri Lanka be divided in two, like the 1993 separation of Czechoslovakia into the Czech Republic and Slovakia, due to Colombo's prolonged civil war with Liberation Tigers of Tamil Eelam (LTTE) rebels.
Minutes after state Finance Minister O Panneerselvam rose to present the budget proposals for 2012-13, DMK legislators led by their leader, Muthuvel Karunanidhi Stalin, staged a walkout.
Jayalalitha, 51, a political heavyweight in southern India, similarly turns vitriol on her political rival Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Muthuvel Karunanidhi, accusing him of corruption and ignoring the interests of the masses.
24 (ANI): Campaigning for the upcoming assembly elections in Tamil Nadu, Chief Minister Muthuvel Karunanidhi announced sops for students and senior citizens.