Arif Ali: Jamt initiated the formation of Muslim Majlis-e-Mushawarat, a consultative body of different organizations in the country, and its affiliate All-India Muslim Personal Law Board to strengthen Muslim unity and protect their rights.
What does MPLB stand for?
MPLB stands for Muslim Personal Law Board
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Mountain Plains Library Association
- Movimento Popular de Libertação de Angola (Portugese)
- Movimento Popular para a Libertação de Angola (Popular Movement for the Liberation of Angola)
- Multi-Point Link Aggregation (3Com)
- Member of Parliament Local Area Development (India)
- Member of Parliament Local Area Development Programme (India)
- Member of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (India)
- Manitoba Prior Learning Assessment Network (Winnipeg, Canada)
- Marion-Polk Legal Aid Services, Inc. (Salem, OR)
- Multi-Player (gaming)
- Medium Pressure Liquid Chromatography
- Medium-Performance Liquid Chromatography
- Merci pour La Cache (Geocaching)
- Michigan Professional Loggers Council
- Minority Pre-Law Coalition (now Cal Pre-Law Association)
- Motion Picture Licensing Corporation
- Most Probable Life-Cycle Cost
- Midpiece Length Coefficient of Variation
- Mahomet Public Library District (Illinois)
- Marengo Public Library District (Illinois)
Samples in periodicals archive:
EXPRESSING its view on the debate over the age of the minor accused in the Delhi gang rape case, the All India Muslim Personal Law Board ( AIMPLB) said the accused should be treated as an adult and given the harshest punishment at the earliest.
Summary: The scholars, who also happen to be the members of powerful All India Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB), were of the view that banning Rushdie or giving out death threats to him would serve no end.
There was despair among those who felt they were losing out in the race to make it big," said a member of the Muslim Personal Law Board.
The fatwa is in keeping with our religious beliefs but as India does not offer Islamic banking services, it is an impractical move," Kamal Farooqui, an accountant and member of the autonomous All India Muslim Personal Law Board, told AFP.
Regarding the development in India, one could rather argue that it is above all due to this entanglement between state intervention and patriarchal claims to power on the part of Muslim organizations like the All-India Muslim Personal Law Board, that Muslim women's rights activists were forced to look for new ways to engage with religious and political discourse and to seek legitimacy within Islamic discourse.
Drawing the portrait of Prophet Mohammed is against the tenets of Islam," said Khalid Rashid, secretary of the All India Muslim Personal Law Board.
The All India Muslim Personal Law Board and other petitioners had sought to prevent the performance of any ceremony on the disputed site or in undisputed areas in the temple town until another court rules on whether the site of the razed mosque should go to the Hindu or Muslim community.