At the 2005 Music Video Production Association Awards, Chris won the award for "Directorial Debut of the Year" and his John Mellencamp video took home "Adult Contemporary Video of the Year.
What does MVPA stand for?
MVPA stands for Music Video Production Association
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MVPA
We have 12 other meanings of MVPA in our Acronym Attic
- Multimedia Video Processor
- Multipurpose Voice Processor
- Music Video Press (various locations)
- Multiple Views Project - Language
- Most Valuable Pollution Prevention
- Military Vehicle Preservation Association
- moderate to vigorous physical activity
- Motor Vehicle Protection Association (UK)
- multi-voxel pattern analysis
- Multivariate Pattern Analysis
- Mountain View Police Activities League (California)
- Maximum Velocity Paintball
- Murrieta Valley PONY (Protect Our Nation's Youths) Baseball, Inc. (Murrieta, CA)
- Mesilla Valley Pocket Billiard Association (New Mexico)
- Merrimack Valley Planning Commission (Haverhill, MA)
- Microsoft Virtual PC
- Minimal Voltage Per Cell (direct current battery power plant)
- Minnesota Valley Photography Club
- Mon Valley Providers Council (Turtle Creek, PA)
- Multivariable Predictive Control
Samples in periodicals archive:
Byline: WITH BEVERLEY LYONS AND CATH BENNETT FRESH after their award at Our Heroes, Franz Ferdinand are up for another prize at the 14th annual music video production association awards.
Sponsors of The New Orleans Media Experience include American Cinematographer, 'boards Magazine, City of New Orleans, coolsign, Club 360, Cox Communications, ifilm, G4, Wired Magazine, Krispy Kreme, Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences, Association of Independent Commercial Producers, Music Video Production Association, moviemedia.
Industry associations including the New York Production Alliance (NYPA), Music Video Production Association (MVPA), New York Women in Film & Television (NYWIFT), National Association of Television Arts & Sciences (NATAS), and the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE) are presenting panel discussions in their areas of expertise.
Additionally, music industry insiders such as EMI Music Publishing's Budd Carr, Interscope Records' Randy Sosin, Atlantic Records' Mike Caren, Music Video Production Association President Pam Tarr and Young & Rubicam Music Producer Josh Rabinowitz will join the panel discussions.
The final panel of the day is "Inside the Music Network -- career in the music industry crossing over to TV & Film," which is hosted by The Music Video Production Association and is moderated by music/radio announcer/Hall of Famer, TV/film actor and "Laugh-In" icon Gary Owens.
Ray Nagin, Mayor of New Orleans; world-famous chef and television personality Emeril Lagasse; award-winning commercial and music video director Paul Hunter; writer, actor and humorist Harry Shearer; Lava Records President Jason Flom; Academy of Interactive Arts and Sciences President Paul Provenzano; Atlantic Records Senior Vice President Michael Caren; world-renowned fashion photographer and commercial and music video director David LaChapelle; Association of Independent Commercial Producers President Matt Miller, Interscope/Geffen A&M Records Executive Vice President Steve Stoute, Music Video Production Association President Pam Tarr, and Young & Rubicam Managing Partner/Director of Broadcast Production Ken Yagoda.
This once-a-year, live forum of the one-and-only definitive actor's trade weekly is joining with BPI sister publications, The Hollywood Reporter and SHOOT and The Music Video Production Association, to bring a full day's actor's bible of the must-have/must-know tools for the acting profession.