I've spent the past seven days watching nothing but music television in an attempt to survey what's out there.
What does MTV stand for?
MTV stands for Music Television (cable TV channel)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MTV
We have 89 other meanings of MTV in our Acronym Attic
- Mobile Technology Vehicle
- Modular Tactical Vest (US Marine Corps)
- Monitoring of Tropical Vegetation
- More Electric Test Vehicle
- More Than a Vision
- Motorway Traffic Viewer
- Mountain View (California, USA)
- Mouse Thymic Virus
- Munitions Transport Vehicle
- Murr Television
- Music Television 2 (sister channel to MTV)
- Manual Thrust Vector Control (US NASA)
- Marten Toonder Verzamelaars Club (Marten Toonder Collector's Club)
- Mars Tokyo Visual Diary (website)
- Montgomery Township Volunteer Fire Company #2 (Montgomery, New Jersey)
- Multiculturele Televisie Haaglanden (Dutch)
- Max Telecom Ventures Ltd. (India)
- Mobile Tactical Vehicle Light (United Defense, LP)
- Mobile Tracked Vehicle, Light
- Music Television for Latin America
Samples in periodicals archive:
At least 10 percent of the videos on each network depicted tobacco use, and at least 20 percent showed drinking, they report in the July American Journal of Public Health Music Television (MTV) led the pack in both categories, DuRant notes, "with almost 26 percent of its videos containing smoking--more than twice as many as on Country Music Television.
Our goal is to have Country Music Television available in every country of the world and this is a big step in that direction.
The Tube Music Network, an original concept in music television uniquely distributed via emerging multicasting technology, expects to announce several major market launches in the next few weeks as well as expanded cable penetration in those cities that have recently begun carrying it.
The TUBE, an original concept in music television uniquely distributed via emerging multicasting technology is available on digital channel 56.
THE TUBE Music Network is spearheaded by Les Garland, one of the creative forces who helped develop the music television genre in the 1980's, serving as co-founder/originator of both MTV: Music Television and VH-1.
With the sales of high definition televisions expected to grow from 10 million to 30 million over the next few years, Mitsubishi Electric and MHD will lead the charge into the high definition era of music television viewing.
About MTV Networks MTV Networks owns and operates the cable television programming services MTV: Music Television, MTV2, mtvU, Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite, TV Land, VH1, CMT: Country Music Television, Comedy Central, and Spike TV, as well as The Digital Suite from MTV Networks, a package of thirteen digital services, all of which are trademarks of MTV Networks.