On a more modest scale, the music business program at Winston-Salem State University (WSSU) is pulling the elements of talent search, music recording, and artist management and promotion together into a coordinated effort that should offer practical experience to its music business majors and provide exposure to talented student musicians.
What does MBP stand for?
MBP stands for Music Business Program
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MBP
We have 205 other meanings of MBP in our Acronym Attic
- Miejska Biblioteka Publiczna (Polish: City Public Library)
- Million Book Project
- Mine Burial Program (Office of Naval Research)
- MiniBusPlus Limited (UK minibus insurance)
- Molecular Biology of Plants
- Molluscan Broodstock Program (Newport, OR; est. 1996)
- Monthly Basic Pay
- Monthly Bonus Prizes
- Movable Boundary Protocol
- Munchausen By Proxy
- Myelin Basic Protein
- Myelin Basic Protein Positive
- Metropolitan Black Police Association (UK)
- Michigan Business and Professional Association (Warren, MI)
- MidAtlantic Book Publishers Association
- Military Blood Program Agency
- Modern Business Practice Association
- Multi-Band Planar Antenna
- Maryland Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee (Annapolis, MD)
- Monterey Bay Plein Air Painters Association (California)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Robinson, Chairman of Paramount Pictures Music Publishing Group and Chairman of the Board of the National Music Publishers Association and the Harry Fox Agency, will receive the first NYU Steinhardt Music Business Program Visionary Award.
We have a music business program that trains people for that.
J-Harris is a graduate of New York University's Graduate School of Music Business Program, has been a Product Manager and Marketing Specialist with SONY/BMG's Zomba Label Group, Consultant to Music World Entertainment, and has worked with Beyonce, Lauren Hill, Donnie McClurkin, Kelly Price, and Kenny Latimore and Chante Moore.
He attended an A&R panel at MI, where he met Kenny Kerner, head of the school's Music Business Program.
MCM was first defined by Joseph Harris Fleming aka J-Harris, a graduate of NYU's Graduate Music Business program, a Marketing Specialist with Sony/BMG's Zomba Label Group, Co-Manager with Music World Entertainment and an entrepreneur.
The two quarter, 30 credit Certificate in Music Business program provides students with knowledge and skills sufficient to apply for entry-level positions in record companies or music industry firms specializing in public relations, artist management, artist booking, music publishing, music supervision, A&R, artist marketing & promotion, copyright, and radio/record promotion.
The winner will be selected from submitted MP3's by students in New York University's music business program and will be flown from London to join the final party in New York City.