The Qatar Museums Authority (QMA) yesterday launched the Mathaf Shuttle Bus Service, which will be available for free to the public and operate between the Museum of Islamic Art (MIA) and Mathaf: Arab Museum of Modern Art.
What does MIA stand for?
MIA stands for Museum of Islamic Art (various locations)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MIA
We have 268 other meanings of MIA in our Acronym Attic
- Most Idle Agent (communication systems)
- Motor Industry Archives (UK)
- Motorsport Industry Association (UK)
- Mountain Instructors Award (UK)
- Multinational Insurance Arrangement
- Multiplex Interface Adapter
- Multiplicative Integral Approximation
- Multivariate Index Assay
- Munitions Inerting Area
- Murrumbidgee Irrigation Area (New South Wales, Australia)
- Music Industry Arts
- Mutual Improvement Association (formerly used by Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints)
- Mutual Information Approach
- Missing In Action/Prisoner Of War
- Major Impact to All Army
- Manila International Airport Authority (Manila, Philippines)
- Maryland Interscholastic Athletic Association
- Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association
- Materials Issues in Art and Archaeology
- Medical Industry Association of Australia
Samples in periodicals archive:
L N MALLICK PAKISTAN'S folk culture came alive at the 4th Qatar International Food Festival (QIFF) held at the Museum of Islamic Art Park in Doha recently.
As part of the company s ongoing focus on sport, Qtel will organise a wide variety of exciting activities for the whole family in the Museum of Islamic Art Park from 9 am to 6 pm.
In stark contrast to these now common manoeuvres to further one's territorial ambitions, the new island created south of Doha's business centre is home to the Museum of Islamic Art (MIA).
M Pei - who also designed Paris' Louvre museum - the Museum of Islamic Art is a prominent structure on the Doha Corniche.
Viewers also have the chance to look at the White House in Washington, the Museum of Islamic Art in Qatar and the Santiniketan Triptych in the National Gallery of Modern Art in Delhi, India.
I could not help but draw comparisons to the Museum of Islamic Art in Doha.
DOHA, February 09, 2012 (Frontier Star): Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani visited the Museum of Islamic Art here on Wednesday and appreciated the collection of rare artifacts from all over the world.