[FIGURE 1 OMITTED] MRI-measured muscle cross-sectional area and volume Multislice MRI images of the thigh were obtained using a General Electric Signa 1.
What does MCSA stand for?
MCSA stands for Muscle Cross-Sectional Area
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MCSA
We have 88 other meanings of MCSA in our Acronym Attic
- Mobile Computing Systems and Applications (various organizations)
- Modified Carry-Select Adder
- Morris Campus Student Association
- Moscow, Camden, and San Augustine Railroad
- Motor Carrier Safety Act of 1984
- Motor Carrier Safety Administration (US DOT)
- Motor Current Signature Analysis
- Mountain Club of South Africa
- Multi Channel Sales Associate (various companies)
- Multi-Channel Spectrum Analyzer
- Maryland Control Share Acquisition Act
- Middlesex County Substance Abuse Action Council (Connecticut)
- Ministry of Civil Service Affairs and Administrative Reforms (Mauritius)
- Ministry of Civil Service Affairs and Housing (Qatar)
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator: Messaging
- Motor Carrier Safety Assistance Program
- Massachusetts Child Sexual Abuse Prevention Partnership (Massachusetts Citizens for Children)
- Madison County Search and Rescue (various locations)
- Montgomery County Search and Rescue, Inc.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator Security
Samples in periodicals archive:
Decline in Isokinetic Force with Age: Muscle Cross-Sectional Area and Specific Force," Pflugers Arch.
17 Strength development is accompanied with significant increases in maximal voluntary neural activation and enlargements in both the muscle cross-sectional area and the size of individual muscle fibers.
11) This is of clinical importance for individuals with COPD because muscle cross-sectional area directly correlates with functional independence and is a predictor of overall mortality.