00266-12) "A Multicenter Blinded Analysis Indicates No Association between Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Myalgic Encephalomyelitis and either Xenotropic Murine Leukemia Virus-Related Virus or Polytropic Murine Leukemia Virus.
What does MLV stand for?
MLV stands for Murine Leukemia Virus
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MLV
We have 64 other meanings of MLV in our Acronym Attic
- Militair Lichamelijke Vaardigheid (Dutch: Military Physical Proficency)
- Minimum Lexographic Value
- Modified Live Vaccine
- Modified Live Virus
- Monitored Live Voice (audiology)
- Mortgage Lending Value
- Most Likely Value
- Multi-Language Vendor
- Multi-Layer Varistor (electronic component)
- Multiple Language Version (films)
- Moloney Leukemia Virus Integration 2
- Micro Light Valve Array
- Multi-locus VNTR Analysis
- Multiple VNTR Locus Analysis
- Melbourne Low-Vision ADL (Activities of Daily Living) Index
- Mammoth Lakes Visitors Bureau (California)
- Madonna Live Video and Concert Performances (database)
- Madonna Louise Veronica Ciccone (pop star)
- Marine Licence Vetting Committee (Ireland)
- Maximum-Likelihood Variance Components (genetics)
Samples in periodicals archive:
XMRV is similar to a classic murine endogenous leukemia retrovirus, murine leukemia virus (MLV), which infects strains of mice that do not express the specific viral receptor.
It has also been shown that the deletion of enhancer segments of the Moloney Murine Leukemia Virus (M-MuLV) LTR reduced infectivity 20- to 100-fold in NIH-3T3 mouse cells (Hanecak et al.
In this experiment, the Murine Leukemia Virus (MLV) pseudotyped with the Vesicular Stomatitis Virus glycoprotein (VSVg) was used to transduce the NeoR and HygroR within a 293 cell line, human embryonic kidney cell line.
Using the Moloney murine leukemia virus as a model, Sanders and Taylor showed that, by replacing part of the sequence, they could eliminate membrane fusion, while having no effect on any other known function of the protein.
Total RNA (1 [micro]g) was reverse-transcribed (RT) using 100 U M-MLV-RT (Moloney murine leukemia virus reverse transcriptase) at 42[degrees]C for 45 min in the presence of 0.
When they applied the LearnCoil program to databases of sequences, the researchers found evidence of coiled coils in fusion proteins associated with a wide variety of disease-causing viruses, including the influenza virus, Moloney murine leukemia virus, HIV, simian immunodeficiency virus, and visna virus.
According to their research, the viruses that succumbed to SURGICEPT included adenovirus, herpes simplex virus type 1 and 2, influenza A virus, rhinovirus, vaccinia virus, bovine viral diarrhea virus, murine leukemia virus, hepatitis A virus, rotavirus, human respiratory syncytial virus and feline calcivirus virus as well as the bacterium Clostridium difficile (C- diff.