Zero political influences, decisive leadership, hiring the right people and compliance with the Municipal Finance Management Act, as well as daily compliance with supply chain management processes, are some of the issues Members of Parliament (MPs) want to see addressed in order for municipalities to improve their audit outcomes.
What does MFMA stand for?
MFMA stands for Municipal Finance Management Act (Ministry of Finance; South Africa)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MFMA
We have 18 other meanings of MFMA in our Acronym Attic
- My Favorite Martian (TV show)
- Myofibrillar Myopathy
- Myopathy, Myofibrillar
- Modified Frequency Modulation/Run Length Limited (computer drives)
- Malaysian Footwear Manufacturers Association (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- Maple Flooring Manufacturers Association (Northbrook, Illinois)
- Marin Farmers Market Association (est. 1987; San Rafael, CA)
- Master Fish Merchants Association (Australia)
- Metal Framing Manufacturers Association (Chicago, IL)
- Minnesota Farmers' Market Association
- Module for Maneuvers and Maneuver Sensitive targets
- March Fourth Marching Band (Portland, OR)
- Municipal Finance Management Bill (South Africa)
- Multifunction Multiband Airborne Radio System
- Main Family Medicine Center
- Manpower & Force Management Course (US Army)
- Mapleview Free Methodist Church (Omaha, Nebraska)
- Maquis Forces Marine Corps (fictional, Star Trek)
- Maricopa Foundation for Medical Care (Arizona)
- Maths from Many Cultures (McGraw Hill UK foundation)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Market Overview Governmental Intervention to Boost Municipal Compliance with Water and Wastewater Quality Requirements The weak enforcement of municipal legislation, particularly the Municipal Finance Management Act (MFMA), has resulted in limited investment into water and wastewater infrastructure in South Africa.
The 2012/13 budget of the department includes a special allocation of R8 million towards improvement of capacity of municipal and departmental officials to effectively implement Public Finance Management Act and Municipal Finance Management Act and other related Treasury Regulations.