However, as she talks to consultant psychiatrist Andrew Brookfield (Cold Blood's Matthew Kelly) about a former patient suspected of having Munchausen's syndrome, it becomes apparent the case could hold the key to her mental health problems.
What does MS stand for?
MS stands for Munchausen's Syndrome
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MS
We have 346 other meanings of MS in our Acronym Attic
- MotorStorm (gaming)
- Mouvement Socialiste (French: Socialist Movement)
- Multidimensional Scaling
- Multilateral Staff
- Multiple Elastic Scattering
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Multiple Sclerosis Society of Canada
- Multiplex Section
- Murashige and Skoog (basal medium)
- Music Scholar (Eton College)
- Music/Speech (broadcasting)
- Mystery Shopping
- Surface Wave Magnitude (formula for measuring earthquakes)
- Master of Science in Chemistry
- Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (Microsoft)
- Master of Science in Education
Samples in periodicals archive:
Cheryl claimed a social worker from Sefton Council said she suspected her of having Munchausen's syndrome by proxy, a controversial condition in which people invent an illness in another person to gain attention for themselves.
Byline: Ask Alan Q How bad is Munchausen's syndrome for children?
But social services at Northumberland County Council fear she is at risk of developing Munchausen's Syndrome by Proxy - a controversial condition said to lead mothers to seek attention by harming their child or claiming it is ill.
MUNCHAUSEN'S syndrome by proxy is a psychological disorder that makes people fake or cause illness in others to get attention themselves.
Munchausen's Syndrome is the most severe form of factitious disorder.
Abstract Munchausen's syndrome is a factitious illness in which patients fabricate medical problems in order to receive medical attention.
Munchausen's syndrome presenting as hemoptysis in a 12-year-old girl.