It is the seventh Wasp-class multipurpose amphibious assault ship.
What does LHD stand for?
LHD stands for Multipurpose Amphibious Assault Ship
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of LHD
We have 40 other meanings of LHD in our Acronym Attic
- Left-Handers Day
- Lexus Hybrid Drive (cars)
- Life, Health and Disability (insurance)
- Lightweight Helmet Development
- Linear Heat Detector
- Linear High Density
- Litterarum Humaniorum Doctor (Doctor of Human Letters)
- Load-Haul-Dump (underground mining vehicle)
- Local Health Department
- Low Harmonic Distortion
- Lesotho Highlands Development Authority
- Lethbridge Highland Dance Association (Canada)
- Laser Heated Diamond Anvil Cell
- Les Histoires de Bernard (French: Stories of Bernard)
- Limburgse Honden Dressuur Bond (Dutch: Limburg Dogs Dressage Association; Limburg, Netherlands)
- Los Hijos De Bethsaida
- Land and Housing Development Corporation (Philippines)
- Lincoln Hills Development Corporation (est. 1965; Indiana)
- Linear Heat Detecting Cable (fire detector)
- Long Hair Don't Care
Samples in periodicals archive:
From the "bridge" at NCAMS, Buss could talk directly to the commanding officer of the multipurpose amphibious assault ship USS Wasp (LHD 1), the flagship for BA12, and any of the other operational commanders via Voice over Secure IP (VoSIP), part of the robust Digital Radio Management System.
The Marines are asking for each MPFF squadron to be made up of 14 ships: two LHA(R) general purpose amphibious assault ships, one LHD multipurpose amphibious assault ship, three large medium-speed roll-on/roll-off ships, three modified T-AKE dry cargo and ammunition logistics ships, three mobile landing platforms as well as two T-AK sealift ships from the current pre-positioning forces.
3 million contract modification on 2 July for continuation of work toward the construction of an eighth Wasp-class large-deck multipurpose amphibious assault ship.
Navy has placed Litton Ingalls Shipbuilding under contract to begin working toward the construction of an eighth WASP (LHD 1) Class large-deck multipurpose amphibious assault ship.
BUSINESS WIRE)--May 15, 1996--The fifth vessel in the new Wasp-class of multipurpose amphibious assault ships being built for the U.
4 million contract is for the construction of LHD 7, the seventh ship in the Navy's WASP Class of multipurpose amphibious assault ships.
9, 1995-- The fourth vessel of the new Wasp-class of multipurpose amphibious assault ships being built for the U.