After it was acquired by The Emblaze Group in 2005, the company continued to introduce innovative videoconferencing products to the market, including the industry's first multipoint conferencing unit (MCU) with integrated session recording and streaming.
What does MCU stand for?
MCU stands for Multipoint Conferencing Unit
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MCU
We have 153 other meanings of MCU in our Acronym Attic
- Monitor Controller Unit (Hekimian)
- Monitored Care Unit
- Mother and Child Unit
- Motor Control Unit
- Mouvement Circulaire Uniforme (French)
- Movement Coordination Unit (US FEMA)
- Multi-Chip Unit
- Multi-Compo Unit (MTO&E composite unit with AC, ARNG, and USAR personnel)
- Multi-Conference Unit
- Multiplex Control Unit
- Multipoint Control Unit
- Mutual Credit Union
- Middlesex County Utility Authority (New Jersey)
- Missouri Credit Union Association (trade association)
- Movimiento Circular Uniformemente Acelerado (Spanish: Uniformly Accelerated Circular Motion)
- Michigan Center for Urban African American Aging Research
- Marine Corps Uniform Board
- Model Credit Union Building (methodology)
- Medina County University Center (University of Akron; Medina, OH)
- Michigan Construction Users Council
Samples in periodicals archive:
2 of its videoconferencing Multipoint Conferencing Unit (MCU), having upped the bandwidth capacity and implemented support for two new video standards.
The school district turned to Lucent's Enterprise Networks Group and its MultiPoint Conferencing Unit (MCU), a videoconferencing bridging solution.
The State of Oregon provides videoconferencing to 125 pure IP video sites across its network using six OnLAN multipoint conferencing units (MCUs) and one viaIP multi-service platform from RADVISION.
A key element of the upgraded infrastructure, the TANDBERG Media Processing System (MPS), a scalable multipoint conferencing unit, can now also function as the market's highest-capacity gateway.
RADVISION's viaIP includes the multipoint conferencing unit (MCU) that bridges multiple participants in the conference.
The support is available today through a software upgrade for existing MGC customers, eliminating the need for a dedicated multipoint conferencing unit just for HD video calls.
2, today announced the addition of IP video capabilities to its MultiPoint Conferencing Unit (MCU).