At higher multiplicity of infections, a slight diminution of the effect was noted.
What does MOI stand for?
MOI stands for Multiplicity of Infection
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MOI
We have 88 other meanings of MOI in our Acronym Attic
- Model Identification
- Model Operating Instruction
- Modern Optical Instrumentation (China State Key Laboratory)
- moiety of infection
- Molecules of Interest
- Moment Of Inertia
- Moment of Inspiration (3D modeling software)
- Most Outstanding Intern
- Mothers of Invention (band)
- Multiple on Investment (finance)
- Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (India)
- Ministry of Interior Transition Team (US and Iraq)
- Michigan-Ontario Identification Association
- Minister of Internal Affairs
- Ministry of Immigrant Absorption (Israel)
- Ministry of Overseas Indian Affairs (India)
- Modern Indo-Aryan (linguistics)
- Mu Opioid-Independent Analgesia (neuroscience)
- Mission-Oriented Items Activity Report
- Medical Officer In-Charge
Samples in periodicals archive:
Growth kinetics in vertebrate cells: Cells were grown to approximately 90 per cent confluency in 24 well plates (Nunc, Denmark) and infected with CHPV at a multiplicity of infection (MOI) of 10.
The following information was sought for from the selected papers: year of publication; level of malaria transmission or endemicity of malaria; genetic diversity determined using MSP-1 and/or MSP-2 as genetic markers; multiplicity of infection (MOI) which is the presence of multiple concurrent genetically diverse clones in an infection; if the study reported other factors such as red cell polymorphism, drug resistance and/or immune response in the context of genetic diversity; and conclusions from the studies.
Confluent monolayers of A172 cells were infected with the Sarafend strain of WNV at a multiplicity of infection of 1.
AY453411) was added at a multiplicity of infection (MOI) of 3.
In IFA, monolayers of Vero cells infected with SARS-CoV at a multiplicity of infection of 0.
High-titer phages were obtained by the plate lysis procedure by using the agar overlay method (5) with multiplicity of infection 0.