00 Hardcover RC382 This handbook for clinicians provides guidance on the recognition, diagnosis, and management of disorders that fall under the category of atypical parkinsonism: Lewy body disease, multiple system atrophy, progressive supranuclear palsy, corticobasal degeneration, and other causes of parkinsonism.
What does MSA stand for?
MSA stands for Multiple System Atrophy (aka Shy-Drager Syndrome)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MSA
We have 669 other meanings of MSA in our Acronym Attic
- Motor Sports Association (UK)
- Motorcycle Safety and Awareness (various locations)
- Motorway Service Area (UK)
- Mouvement Souveraineté-Association (Organisation for Quebec Independence; Canada)
- Multi-dimensional Systolic Array
- Multi-Service Access
- Multilateral Steel Agreement
- Multiple Scatterer Algorithm
- Multiple Sclerosis Association (various locations)
- Multiple Sequence Alignment
- Multisample Analysis
- Multisource Agreement
- Multiuse Solar Array
- Multivariate Statistical Analysis
- Municipal Services Association (British Columbia)
- Municipal Systems Act (South Africa)
- Munitions Storage Area (US DoD)
- Museum Store Association
- Musicological Society of Australia (est. 1963)
- Muslim Scholars Association
Samples in periodicals archive:
All funds raised will support charities including children's charity Coram which receives two- thirds of the money raised, Article 25, Tom's Trust, the Multiple System Atrophy Trust and the Emthonjeni Trust.
All funds raised will support charities including children's charity Coram, Article 25, Tom's Trust, the Multiple System Atrophy Trust and the Emthonjeni Trust.
In this current article, attention now turns to Multiple System Atrophy (MSA), which is a rare movement disorder and a member of a group of neurodegenerative diseases referred to collectively as the 'Parkinsonian syndromes' Characteristic of these syndromes is that the patient exhibits symptoms of 'Parkinsonism', viz.
This task, though, is often too demanding for people with atypical parkinsonism, the umbrella term for half a dozen syndromes such as progressive supranuclear palsy, multiple system atrophy and corticobasal degeneration.
The retired engineer suffered from the debilitating disorder multiple system atrophy and his body was shutting down.
Multiple system atrophy is a disorder that causes symptoms similar to Parkinson's disease.
of the 11 patients, 7 had pure autonomic failure (PAF), 3 Parkinson disease (2 with persistent, consistent orthostatic hypotension), and 1 multiple system atrophy (MSA).