Amateur videos posted online by activists showed rebels celebrating inside the air base, some kneeling and kissing the ground and others showing off booty including multiple rocket launchers.
What does MRL stand for?
MRL stands for Multiple Rocket Launcher
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MRL
We have 146 other meanings of MRL in our Acronym Attic
- Missile Rail Launcher (AMRAAM)
- Mississippi River Levee
- Missouri Right to Life (est. 1974)
- Mobile Radiation Laboratory
- Mobile Rocket Launcher
- Modified Reporting Limit (laboratory quality assurance)
- Monster Raving Loony (political party; UK)
- Montana Rail Link (railroad)
- Motueka River Lodge (New Zealand Luxury Accommodation)
- Mullard Research Laboratory (Leeds University)
- Murphy Roths Large (mouse strain)
- Music Reproduction Licence
- Malay Races Liberation Army (est. 1948)
- Maltese Rugby League Association (Ingleburn, NSW, Australia)
- Mental Retardation Local Authority (Texas)
- Minimum Redundancy Linear Array
- Montana Repeater Link Association (radio club)
- Interagency Multi-Resolution Land Cover Characterization
- Mekong Region Law Center (Thailand)
- Middlewich Rail Link Campaign (Middlewich, Cheshire, England.)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The MLRS is a multiple rocket launcher that can discharge 12 rockets in one minute.
Korea deploys new long-range rocket launchers: newspaper SEOUL - North Korea has deployed an improved, longer-range version of its 240 mm multiple rocket launcher, a South Korean newspaper reported Tuesday, citing military sources.
Moreover, in the vicinity of Hun, nine anti aircraft guns, in the vicinity of Al-Jufra, one command and control node and one vehicle storage facility, and in the vicinity of Sheba one armed vehicle, one armoured vehicle, and one multiple rocket launcher were also destroyed.
On Friday, NATO struck a surface-to-surface missile facility, a multiple rocket launcher near Sirte, a command and control node near Hun and a military facility near Jufra, along with some more hits in other areas.
T-72 tanks, armored personnel carriers BTR-70 armored infantry fighting vehicles BMP-2 fighting vehicles BRDM-2, anti-aircraft missile systems S-125, C-75, C-10 and anti-aircraft gun vehicles ZU-23-2, MI-8 and MI-24 helicopters, multiple rocket launchers, howitzers will be showcased during the parade.
The alliance said that on Saturday it hit one tank, five armed vehicles, a multiple rocket launcher and another rocket launcher in and around Brega.
A NATO statement said a "regime Multiple Rocket Launcher (MRL," was destroyed "at approximately 1100 GMT, overwhelming its hospital with casualties after Kadhafi's regime gave its army an "ultimatum" to take the besieged Libyan city.