Hayes' cable modems will be based on interoperability standards set by the Multimedia Cable Network Systems (MCNS) consortium.
What does MCNS stand for?
MCNS stands for Multimedia Cable Network Systems
This definition appears somewhat frequently
See other definitions of MCNS
We have 16 other meanings of MCNS in our Acronym Attic
- Mission Command Network Refinement
- Mission-Critical Network Reliability
- Meal Card Number Recording System
- Managing Cisco Network Security
- Marist College North Shore
- Media Centre for National Security (Sri Lanka)
- Minimal Change Nephrotic Syndrome (kidney disorder)
- Ministerial Committee for National Security (Iraq)
- Missed Call Notification Service (telecommunications)
- Multichannel Cable Network System (SCTE)
- Multiple Cable Network Systems (IEEE 802.14)
- Monte Carlo Simulation of Neutron Scattering Instruments
- Medical Clinic of North Texas
- Multicultural Council of the Northern Territory (Australia)
- Moscow Center of New Telecommunication Technologies
- Medical Committee Netherlands-Vietnam (Amsterdam, Netherlands; est. 1968)
- Medisch Comité Nederland-Vietnam (Dutch: Netherlands-Vietnam Medical Committee)
- Monte Carlo Number of Variables
- Myopic Choroidal Neovascularization (vision complication)
- Monster Cable Navajo White (audio equipment)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Conexant's CN9414 cable-modem chip initially supports the industry's Multimedia Cable Network Systems (MCNS) Data Over Cable Service Interface Specification (DOCSIS) Version 1.
This process will be driven by the CableLabs industry standards consortium, which is now adding these privacy and service-guarantee capabilities to its Multimedia Cable Network Systems (MCNS) Data Over Cable Services Interface Specification (DOCSIS) version 1.
7, 1997-- Initial Delivery Includes MCNS Receiver; Ultimately, Complete Client And Head-End Cable Modem Solutions Will Be Provided For Standard Compliance And Interoperability Testing Rockwell Semiconductor Systems Tuesday announced that it has shipped prototype cable modem equipment to CableLabs and is participating in interoperability tests for the industry's Multimedia Cable Network Systems Data Over Cable Service Interface (MCNS DOCSIS) specification.
The demonstration was the first step toward introducing a Multimedia Cable Network Systems (MCNS) - compliant, interoperable residential cable modem system later this year.
Com21 will now offer Cable TV operators two choices in technology: the Multimedia Cable Network Systems (MCNS) specified modem architecture and the Com21 ATM-based platform.