The superior surveillance performance of MSPSR is based on highly advanced multilateration technology, where the location of aircraft is derived from the time of arrival of the broadcast signal reflected from the aircraft and measured at multiple receiver locations on the ground.
What does MLAT stand for?
MLAT stands for Multilateration
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MLAT
We have 3 other meanings of MLAT in our Acronym Attic
- Multiple Link Antenna System
- My Lips Are Sealed
- Mitochondrial Myopathy and Sideroblastic Anemia
- Music Library Association Southern California Chapter
- Museums Libraries and Archives South East (UK)
- Mobile Location-Aware Sensor Networks (workshop)
- Museums, Libraries and Archives South West (English Regional Agency)
- Medieval Latin (linguistics)
- Modern Language Aptitude Test
- Modified Linear Approximation Technique
- Mutual Legal Assistance Agreement (international agreement)
- Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty (a law-enforcement treaty)
- Master of Landscape Architecture in Urban Design (college degree)
- Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Mediterranean League of Angiology and Vascular Surgery (Europe; annual conference)
- Maryland Legislative Agenda for Women (Towson, MD)
- Master of Law (Swiss University)
- Michigan Lawsuit Abuse Watch (Novi, Michigan)
- Intermediate Life Boat
- MacKimmie Library Block (University of Calgary; Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
AIRLINE INDUSTRY INFORMATION-(C)1997-2012 M2 COMMUNICATIONS Canadian air navigation service provider Nav Canada said it is deploying Saab Sensis' Wide Area Multilateration technology at Springbank, Alberta.
5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- NAV CANADA, the Air Navigation Service Provider (ANSP) for Canada, is deploying Saab Sensis' Wide Area Multilateration (WAM) technology at Springbank, Alberta.
Summary: The General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA) of Saudi Arabia has selected Sensis Corporation for deployment of Advanced - Surface Movement Guidance and Control Systems (A-SMGCS) and Wide Area Multilateration (WAM) systems for King Abdulaziz International Airport (Jeddah) and King Fahad International Airport (Dammam).
Byline: New York Saudi Arabia's General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA) has selected Sensis Corporation's Advanced - Surface Movement Guidance and Control Systems (A-SMGCS) and Wide Area Multilateration (WAM) systems for its airports.
The system will be used for testing prior to an eventual nationwide area multilateration and ADS-B deployment.
Multilateration surveillance is provided by connecting four or more sensors, combined with ADS-B position reports from individual aircraft.
NYSE: SRX), today announced that Tajikaeronavigation, the Republic of Tajikistan's air navigation service provider (ANSP), has selected Era to provide a nationwide wide area multilateration (WAM) solution in the Republic of Tajikistan.