2, 2013 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The following is being issued by the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS): Subjects with chronic, treatment-resistant posttraumatic stress disorder experienced clinically meaningful improvements and no evidence of harm after participating in a small Swiss study evaluating MDMA-assisted psychotherapy, according to a paper published yesterday in the Journal of Psychopharmacology.
What does MAPS stand for?
MAPS stands for Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MAPS
We have 220 other meanings of MAPS in our Acronym Attic
- Mobility Analysis & Planning System (MTMC)
- Mobilization Asset Planning System
- Modeling and Problem Solving
- Modern American Poetry Site
- Modular Azimuth Positioning System
- Monitoring Academic Progress System (Maricopa County, AZ community college system)
- Monitoring Avian Productivity and Survivorship
- Monolithic Active Pixel Sensor
- Mount Albert Public School
- Multi-Domain Adaptable Processing System (US Air Force)
- Multiple Address Processing System
- Multiresolution Adaptive Parameterization of Surfaces (various organizations)
- Multivendor ATM Provisioning System (Sprint)
- Munitions Assessment and Processing System
- Mutual Active Protection System (armored fighting vehicle protection)
- My Angus Please Stay (Yeah Yeah Yeahs song)
- Malaysia-Auckland Postgraduate Student Association
- Member of the Australian Professional Selling Association
- Metro Area Practical Shooting Association (Minnesota)
- Michigan Association of Public School Academies
Samples in periodicals archive:
METHOD Participants Participants were recruited online from members of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) and those who visited its website (www.
Several large universities are now researching therapeutic use of hallucinogens with financial support from private sources such as the Heffter Research Institute and MAPS, the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies.
Halpern's work is part of a recent resurgence in psychedelic research prompted largely by the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies, an organization dedicated to exploring the benefits of substances neglected because of the war on drugs.
Abrams, MD, chairman and principal investigator, Community Consortium, founding faculty, AIDS Program, San Francisco General Hospital; chief, hematology/oncology, San Francisco General Hospital, and professor, clinical medicine, UCSF, Rick Doblin, PhD, president of the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies, a non-profit research organization that sponsors clinical studies of cannabis-based medicines, and Billy R.
The research was sponsored by the Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS), a non-profit research and educational organization.
Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS) is funding research into MDMA-Assisted psychotherapy as a treatment for post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
The California-based Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (Maps), which republished Hofman's book on LSD, said on its website that he had died from a heart attack.