the North American licensee for MDS International, which builds systems for the high-speed wireless broadband delivery of video and Internet data by terrestrial transmission for markets outside North America, today announced its strong support for the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) decision to allow Multichannel Video Distribution and Data Service (MVDDS) to be introduced in the United States.
What does MVDDS stand for?
MVDDS stands for Multichannel Video Distribution and Data Service (Broadwave)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
See other definitions of MVDDS
We have 2 other meanings of MVDDS in our Acronym Attic
- Medium Voltage Direct Current
- Merrimack Valley Dive Club
- Miami Valley Dance Company (Kettering, OH)
- Mole Valley District Council (Ashtead, Leatherhead & Dorking, Surrey, UK)
- Mucosal Virus Disease Complex
- Mersey Valley Devonport Cycling Club (Tasmania, Australia)
- Motor Vehicle Dealers Compensation Fund (Ontario, Canada)
- Minute Volume Displacement of the Diaphragm (lungs)
- Mon Voisin Du Dessous (French website)
- Multichannel Video Distribution and Data Service
- Multi-View Design Environments
- Motor Vehicle Event Data Recorder
- Maand van de Filosofie (Dutch: Month of Philosophy)
- Medium Frequency and Very High Frequency Direction Finder
- My Very Dear Friend
- Mountain View Dental Group (California)
- Magic Valley Dairy Goat Association (Idaho)
- Makelaardij Van Der Houwen (Dutch)
- Madawaska Valley District High School (Barry's Bay, Ontario, Canada)
- Motor Vehicle Dealers' Institute (New Zealand)
Samples in periodicals archive:
BUSINESS WIRE)--April 23, 2002 SBCA issued the following statement regarding the FCC decision to allow sharing in the direct broadcast satellite band: On behalf of over 17 million direct broadcast satellite (DBS) subscriber households representing over 45 million viewers the Satellite Broadcasting and Communications Association (SBCA) is disappointed and concerned by today's decision by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to allow Multichannel Video Distribution and Data Services (MVDDS) access to the 12.
6, 2001 CARS Spectrum Is Not Substitute For DBS Due To Large Number of Incumbents; Last-Minute Proposal Should Not Delay FCC From Issuing MVDDS Decision MDS America, Incorporated, the North American licensee for French company MDS International, a provider of high-speed wireless broadband video and Internet data terrestrial networks, today announced cautious support for the use of the Cable Television Relay Service (CARS) band as a supplement, but not substitute, to the existing DBS band for Multichannel Video Distribution and Data Service (MVDDS) due to the large number of incumbents already using the 12.