Restarting the secondary Multi-Spectral Scanner sensor, so it could provide downlink access for the spacecraft's primary image data from its Thematic Mapper sensor Collectively, these and many other HTSI actions have extended the Landsat mission long past its life expectancy, benefitting the USGS and the worldwide Landsat user community.
What does MSS stand for?
MSS stands for Multi-Spectral Scanner
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MSS
We have 545 other meanings of MSS in our Acronym Attic
- Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf (former Iraqi Minister of Information)
- Monash Science Society (Monash University, Australia)
- Montfort Secondary School
- Moored/Mobile Surveillance System
- Morehouse School of Medicine (est. 1975; Atlanta, GA)
- Mormon Scripture Studies
- Mother Seton School (Emmitsburg MD)
- Motion Sensing System
- Mudgeeraba Special School (Gold Coast, Australia)
- Mudgeeraba State School (Gold Coast, Australia)
- Multi-State System
- Multimedia Synchronization Server (Empirix)
- Multiple Sclerosis Society
- Multiple Steady State
- Multiprotocol Switched Services (IBM)
- Multipurpose Senior Services (elder care)
- Multispectral Scanner System
- Municipal Sewage Sludge
- Municipal Support Services (various locations)
- Muscle Signs and Symptoms
Samples in periodicals archive:
Sharma and Bhargava 1988); (3) computer interpretation of digital satellite data of Landsat generations such as Landsat TM, and Multi-Spectral Scanner MSS (e.