Unfortunately, over the next 12 hours he developed sepsis of unknown origin with associated multi-organ system failure.
What does MOSF stand for?
MOSF stands for Multi-Organ System Failure
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MOSF
- Minioptic Stereo Evaluation System
- Mission Operations, System Engineering and Software (NASA)
- Mission Oriented Systems Engineering Support
- Mobile Office Simulated Environment System
- Mobility Services for Urban Sustainability
- Modular Sensor System
- Multi-sensor Optimal Smoothing Estimation Software
- Merchant Originated Secure Electronic Transaction (online payment security technology)
- Museum of Sex (New York City, NY, USA)
- Major Oil Storage Facility (New York State Department of Environmental Conservation)
- Metal Oxide Silicon Field Effect Transistor (less common)
- Metal Oxide Substrate Field Effect Transistor
- Metal-Oxide Semiconductor Field-Effect Transistor
- Multi-Organ System Failure with Sepsis
- Manual of Standards Flight Training (Australia)
- Metal Oxide-Silicon Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor (radiotherapy; usually seen as MOSFET)
- Morski Oddzial Strazy Granicznej (Polish: Maritime Department of the Border Guard; Gdansk, Poland)
- Mossy Oak Shadow Grass (camouflage pattern)
- Marine Occupational Safety and Health
- Maryland Occupational Safety and Health
Samples in periodicals archive:
Despite the antibiotics, Alexander's condition continued to worsen, and he developed severe metabolic acidosis, with progressing shock and multi-organ system failure, according to the legal document.
Last summer produced several highly publicized reports of athletes dying from heat stroke, most notably Minnesota Viking Korey Stringer, who died August 1 after developing multi-organ system failure.