The image was obtained using the Gemini Multi-Object Spectrograph on the Gemini North telescope.
What does MOS stand for?
MOS stands for Multi-Object Spectrograph
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MOS
We have 281 other meanings of MOS in our Acronym Attic
- Morph Operating System
- Mother of Our Savior (Detroit, MI grade school, now defunct)
- Mother of Sorrows (New York Catholic school)
- Motion Omit Sound (TV term for silent film or tape)
- Motor Operated Switch
- Motorways of the Sea (EU)
- Mountain Ocean Sea (Japanese burger chain)
- Movable Oil Saturation
- Mu Online Server
- Multi-Beam Optical Sensor
- Multi-Object Spectrometer
- Multifunctional Operator System
- Multimedia Operating System (First Virtual Corporation)
- Multiplex Out of Sync (Hekimian)
- Museum of Science (Boston, MA)
- Mute on Sound
- My Oracle Support (software)
- My Own Science (education program)
- Military Order of Stars and Bars (Daphne, AL; descendants of commissioned officers and officials of the confederate government)
- Marine Observation Satellite
Samples in periodicals archive:
28, and science observations will resume this week using the remaining Hubble instruments: Wide Field Planetary Camera 2, Near Infrared Camera Multi-Object Spectrograph, and the Fine Guidance Sensors.
Hubble's recently revived Near Infrared Camera and Multi-Object Spectrograph covered about half that area for UDF.