They are multi-mission ships that have long endurance but can go fast.
What does MMS stand for?
MMS stands for Multi-Mission Ship
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MMS
We have 541 other meanings of MMS in our Acronym Attic
- Montshire Museum of Science (Vermont)
- Moody Middle School (Richmond, Virginia)
- More Magic Solutions, Inc
- Morgan Molten Metal System
- Morphable Memory System (computer architecture)
- Motion Measurement System
- Motor Minesweeper (vessel; UK)
- Motorsport Marshalling Services (Canadian Marshalling Group)
- Mount Madonna School (Watsonville, CA)
- Multi-Mission Modular Spacecraft (US NASA)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Raytheon has a major role in making this complex, multi-mission ship a reality for the U.
Together, the Raytheon-HAVELSAN team has provided a complete and affordable solution to modernize and optimize the effectiveness of these tough, multi-mission ships in service in allied fleets around the world.
Operating within the larger construct of a naval network of distributed ships, the LCS will provide naval and Joint Force Commanders capabilities that will both complement and increase the combat effectiveness of the Navy's larger, multi-mission ships.
As the current systems integrator for the Norwegian Nordkapp and Svalbard class Coast Guard cutter programs, EDO has relevant experience with integration of subsystems for multi-mission ships operating in demanding Norwegian littoral environments.
Lockheed Martin's Spanish industry partner, IZAR, is prime contractor for the program and provided the design and construction of the F310 frigate resulting in a revolutionary multi-mission ship.