She examines the activities and experiences of the women of the Mujeres Unidas y Activas organization, exploring how their interactions with public institutions affected their sense of place in the society, their senses of autoestima (self-esteem) and its relation to their claims of rights as immigrants, and the ways that the Mujeres Unidas y Activas engaged in collaborative projects with other organizations and the impact of these activities on the women's views of cultural citizenship.
What does MUA stand for?
MUA stands for Mujeres Unidas y Activas
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MUA
We have 98 other meanings of MUA in our Acronym Attic
- Measurement Uncertainty Analysis
- Medical University of the Americas (various locations)
- Medically Underserved Area (US HRSA)
- Mediterranea Umbro Aretina (Italian railway)
- Memorandum of Understanding and Agreement
- Meritorious Unit Award (US DoD)
- Military Utility Assessment
- Miniature Unmanned Aircraft (US DoD)
- Ministry of University Affairs (of Thailand)
- Motorized Unit of Action
- Multi-Unit Activity
- Multiattribute Utility Analysis
- Municipal Utilities Association (Texas)
- Municipal Utilities Authority
- Museum of Underwater Archaeology
- Medically Underserved Areas/Populations
- Marquette University Alumni Association
- Miami University Alumni Association
- Missouri Uniform Arbitration Act (est. 1980)
- Modem User's Association of America
Samples in periodicals archive:
Today, she organizes a Latina women's group called Mujeres Unidas y Activas in San Francisco.