She successfully contextualizes the model minority experience of Asian Americans by explaining how East Asian and South Asian groups were chosen to participate in "Multicultural Day" over what was viewed by administrators as the more militant groups such as Black Student Union and Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan (MEChA).
What does MECHA stand for?
MECHA stands for Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan (Chicano Student Movement of Aztlan)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MECHA
- Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Maternal Electrocardiogram
- Middle East Capital Group (Lebanon)
- Mechanicsburg, PA
- Mechanized Corps
- Middle East Coexistence House (Rutgers University; New Brunswick, NJ)
- Missouri Education and Career Hotlink (website)
- Migrant Education Consortium for Higher Achievement
- Middle East Conference on Healthcare Informatics
- Microbially Enhanced Chemisorption of Heavy Metals
- Middle East Christian Committee
- Mission Early College High School (El Paso, TX)
- Mechanized Sandbag Filler
- Mechanized Sandbag Filler and Sealer
- Mechanization of Selected Transportation Reports
- Mark Edelstein Consulting Incorporated (Buffalo Grove, Illinois)
- Mendelson Electronics Company, Inc. (est. 1960; Dayton, OH)
- Mission Essential Contingency Item
Samples in periodicals archive:
The bill would also ban race-based groups, such as Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan, from operating on public campuses.
are La Raza ("The Race"), Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan (MEChA, a group of Chicano Nationalists), the Ford Foundation, the Mexican American Legal Foundation (MALDEF), the National Immigration Law Center, the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), George Soros's Open Society Institute, and the Southern Poverty Law Center, along with other left-wing, anti-American organizations.
Miguel Perez, a spokesman for the Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan (MEChA), explains: "The ultimate ideology is the liberation of Aztlan.
What should concern Californians is that he was a member of the Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan (MEChA) as a student at Fresno State University.
About 30 people attended the forum sponsored by the Mexican-American Bar Association of Los Angeles County and the student group MEChA, Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan.
In late February, the California Patriot newsmagazine published a critique of the Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan (MECha).
Members of the Latino students organization Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlan, or MEChA, have been deeply angered by a proposal to cut their budget from $4,300 to $1,500.