Climbers and mountain locator units: A December climbing tragedy on Mount Hood claimed the lives of three mountaineers who did not bring mountain locator units along.
What does MLU stand for?
MLU stands for Mountain Locator Unit (radio transmitter; mountain climbing)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MLU
We have 27 other meanings of MLU in our Acronym Attic
- Moore, Lyndon, Turnbull, Whitaker (est. 1962; California)
- Mountain Leader Training Wales (walking group leader training; UK)
- Major Leauge Ultimate (frisbee)
- Martin-Luther-Universität (German University)
- Mean Length of Utterance
- Memory Look-Up
- Mid-Life Update
- Mid-Life Upgrade
- Mirror Lock Up
- Monroe, LA, USA (Airport Code)
- Mt. Laurel United (Mt. Laurel, NJ)
- Milli-International Units per Mililiter (measurement)
- Major League Umpires Association (now World Umpires Association)
- Merrill Lynch Unlimited Advantage
- Main Line Unitarian Church
- Municipal Land Use Center (College of New Jersey)
- Maysville Linux Users Group (Kentucky)
- Melbourne Linux Users Group (Internet forum; Australia)
- Mizzou Linux Users Group
- Montreal Linux Users Group
Samples in periodicals archive:
Despite ferocious winds and blinding snow, rescuers were able to pinpoint the climbers' location by homing in on radio signals emitted by the mountain locator units that all three carried.