Hartlepool - The town has seen drops in drug crime, robbery and theft of motor vehicle incidents over the year but rises in burglary and other theft.
What does MVI stand for?
MVI stands for Motor Vehicle Incident
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MVI
We have 83 other meanings of MVI in our Acronym Attic
- Malarial Vaccine Initiative
- Manœuvre à Vue Imposée (French; aviation procedure)
- Management Ventures, Inc. (research and consulting firm; Cambridge, MA)
- Martha's Vineyard Island
- Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry (1861-1864; Civil War)
- Melt-Volume Index
- Microgravity Vestibular Investigation (US NASA)
- Microsoft Virus Initiative
- Mitral Valve Insufficiency
- MODIS Vegetation Index
- Motor Vehicle Inspection (various locations)
- Motor Vehicle Insurance
- Multi Vendor Integration (telecommunications)
- Multi-Vendor Import
- Multi-Vitamin Injection
- Multiple Variable Inversion
- Multiple Victim Incident (disaster medicine)
- Music Video Interactive
- Minimum Variance Incremental Power Control
Samples in periodicals archive:
Gant, (1) in which the Court announced new, narrow rules as to when law enforcement officers properly may search the passenger compartment of a motor vehicle incident to the arrest of one of its occupants.
According to the Safe Kids Coalition, each year an estimated 2,446 children, ages 14 years and under, die in a motor vehicle incident.
0849378591 Forensic medical investigation of motor vehicle incidents.
BENEFITS This intervention resulted in economic benefits in the form of reduced hospital and emergency department use, fewer criminal and legal events, and fewer motor vehicle incidents (crashes, violations, and related arrests).
Among unintentional injuries, drowning is the second leading cause of death to this age group after motor vehicle incidents.
According to the NIBRS data, the total number of arrestees in 1999 for motor vehicle incidents where only one vehicle was stolen was 9,291.
Study Results: During a 2010 EnCana study to monitor a fleet of vehicles used in the oil and gas industry, driver report card participants reduced rapid starts by 40 percent, speeding was 45 percent lower than the EnCana average, and most compelling the study saw a 49 percent reduction in motor vehicle incidents.