In Iran in 2008/09, comprehensive motor insurance (presumably compulsory motor third party liability, CMTPL) was the largest line in the non-life segment, accounting for about half of gross written premiums.
What does MTPL stand for?
MTPL stands for Motor Third Party Liability
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MTPL
We have 14 other meanings of MTPL in our Acronym Attic
- Master of Town Planning (degree; UK)
- Message Transfer Part Interface
- Multiphase Test Point Insertion
- Medium Term Public Investment Program (Philippines)
- Metatarsophalangeal Joint
- Mangalam Timber Products Ltd. (West Bengal, India)
- Maximum Tolerable Path Loss
- Middletown Township Public Library (Middletown, NJ)
- MMTC Transnational Pte Limited (Singapore)
- Monroe Township Public Library (Monroe Township, NJ)
- Maximum Technically Permissible Laden Mass (full automobile)
- Maternal-Facing Trophoblast Plasma Membrane (physiology)
- Maximal Total Point Motion
- Mean Transport-Pore Model
- Malaysian Tin Products Manufacturers' Association
- Majlis Tindakan Pelancongan Negeri (Malay: State Tourism Action Council)
- Methionine Free Total Parenteral Nutrition
- Mark Twain Project Online (University of California)
- Metropolitan Transportation Planning Organization (various locations)
- Mike Tyson's Punch Out (Nintendo game)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Furthermore, Misr's underwriting performance is expected to remain under strain given the poor performance of motor third party liability business, in addition to the transfer of profitable life business to NICE.
Analysis of the different types of insurance traded showed that, the largest non-life lines in 2008 were motor insurance, compulsory motor third party liability (CMTPL) and fire and diverse risks.
Whilst the company actively discourages motor third party liability business, which accounts for around 45% of the market, it has successfully protected its overall market share of 6.
Even premiums for compulsory motor third party liability (CMTPL) insurance slumped from EEK573mn to EEK499mn.
In South Korea, for instance, the largest non-life lines in 2008 were land vehicles voluntary insurance (CASCO), personal accident insurance and compulsory motor third party liability (CMTPL).
In Thailand the largest non-life lines in 2008 were motor CASCO, compulsory motor third party liability (CMTPL) and personal accident insurance.
The company's non-life business is mainly concentrated on motor third party liability, whose profitability in the overall Italian market further decreased in 2009, despite the increase of tariffs implemented by various companies, including Allianz S.