But the groundbreaking Motor Insurance Advisory Board report recommended the membership be extended and two years ago, representatives from the Consumers Association of Ireland (CAI) and the Financial Services Ombudsman were admitted.
What does MIAB stand for?
MIAB stands for Motor Insurance Advisory Board (Ireland)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MIAB
We have 3 other meanings of MIAB in our Acronym Attic
- Miniatures Industry Association of America
- Missouri Intercollegiate Athletic Association (now Mid-America Intercollegiate Athletics Association)
- Mortgage Industry Association of Australia
- Maine Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association
- Marco Island Area Association of Realtors (Florida)
- Magnetically Impelled Arc Butt Welding
- Member of the International Association of Bookkeepers
- Message in a Bottle
- Methodology in a Box (project oriented deployment Citrix book)
- mind.in.a.box (band)
- Mortgage Investment Association of British Columbia (Canada)
- Municipal Insurance Association of British Columbia (Canada)
- Motorway In All But Name
- Magnetospheric/Ionospheric/Atmospheric Coupling
- Maintenance Information and Control
- Material Identification & Accounting Code
- Medical Information and Access Card
- Member of the International Academy of Cytology
- Metals Information Analysis Center
- Meteorite and Impacts Advisory Committee (Canada)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Motor Insurance Advisory Board report on young drivers revealed that 17 to 19-year-olds who drive on provisionals have 10 per cent more accidents than their peers who have taken and passed their driving tests.
Young drivers aren't the only ones to suffer, according to the Government-backed Motor Insurance Advisory Board, and insurers are making profits on every class of driver.
Insurance firms here claim young motorists are a high-risk group but a recent Motor Insurance Advisory Board (MIAB) report said this was "open to question".
Motor Insurance Advisory Board chairwoman Dorothea Dowling made the accusation after a Bar Council report rejected a scheme aimed at reducing insurance costs.
A Motor Insurance Advisory Board report, published in April, hit out at our costly and inefficient industry.
He also called for the implementation of the recommendations of the Motor Insurance Advisory Board.
He reported that the group was committed to implementing the recommendations of the Motor Insurance Advisory Board, which are intended to reduce the cost of claims and their settlement, and are being strongly promoted by the Government.