After Dominion was condemned her chimney was removed and she ended up behind Darlington motive power depot for 15 months and was forgotten about.
What does MPD stand for?
MPD stands for Motive Power Depot (locomotive storage)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MPD
We have 268 other meanings of MPD in our Acronym Attic
- Modification Program Directive
- Monetary Policy Department (various locations)
- Monitor Photo Diode
- Mono-Propellant Driver
- Montgomery Police Department (Alabama)
- Monthly Payroll Deduct
- Morganza Police Department (Louisiana)
- Most Popular Driver (award)
- Motion Picture Distribution (Canada)
- Motive Power Department (railways)
- Motor Protection Device (various companies)
- Movement Priority Designator
- Movimiento Popular Democratico (Democratic People's Movement )
- Multi Party Democracy
- Multi Product Dispenser
- Multi-Link PPP Daemon
- Multi-Paradigm Design (computer programming)
- Multiphoton Detector
- Multiphoton Dissociation
- Multiple Product Dispenser (gas station "islands")
Samples in periodicals archive:
Byline: Carole Pattison I READ with much interest and nostalgia the proposed closure of the Thornaby Motive Power Depot, right.
Because Coventry's motive power depot (engine shed), which closed in the late 1950s, had only shunting/freight/ branch line/mixed traffic locos, engines required for the holiday trains came from miles around, just like the carriages.