Foreign Ministry spokesman Aizaz Chaudry told a weekly briefing that Pakistan is committed to grant most favored nation status to India -- a level of treatment that gives specific trade advantages -- but "there are certain issues yet to be resolved.
What does MFNS stand for?
MFNS stands for Most Favored Nation Status
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of MFNS
We have 2 other meanings of MFNS in our Acronym Attic
- Misty Fjords National Monument (Alaska, USA)
- Minnesota Food and Nutrition Network (St. Paul, MN)
- Multilayer Feedforward Neural Networks
- Ministry of Finance and National Planning (Fiji Islands)
- Murchison Falls National Park (Uganda)
- Mutants for Nuclear Power (science fiction)
- Mother-Friendly Nurse Recognition
- Multi Frame Noise Reduction (camera feature)
- Manitoba First Nations SchoolNet (Canada)
- Mometasone Furoate Nasal Spray (intranasal corticosteroid)
- Most-Favored Nation Treatment
- Most-Favoured-Nation Tariff (Canada)
- Menomonee Falls Neighborhood Watch (Wisconsin)
- Music Fest Northwest (Portland, OR)
- Mace Francis Orchestra
- Maine Film Office
- Maintenance Free Operating Period
- Maintenance Free Operations
- Make Friends Online (dating website)
- Male, Female, Other
Samples in periodicals archive:
According to government sources, India is highly optimistic that Pakistan will soon confer most favored nation status to India.
The two countries grant each other the most favored nation status with the agreement which would allow free transit passages through borders and the removal of tariff and non-tariff trade barriers," Tuzmen told the AA.
Wallach says a logical first one will be the proposed permanent Most Favored Nation status for China, a move that is broadly opposed by labor, religious, and human rights groups.
Look no further than China's handling of its most important bread-and-butter trade issue--preservation of its most favored nation status with the United States.
In fact, we continually claim that trade is not an instrument of foreign policy, yet we threaten trade sanctions and revoke China's Most Favored Nation status, while extending it to other nations that commit the same offenses.
Vietnam does not have Most Favored Nation status, so duties are much higher on its products than on those from China and India.
Embracing the brave new free-market world epitomized by the GATT (General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade) and NAFTA (North American Free Trade Agreement) treaties, President Bill Clinton set the tone for the rest of American labor policymakers when he formally rescinded any connection between an improvement in China's human-rights record with the granting of Most Favored Nation status to China.