Bernier, Mosquito and Fly Research Unit, Gainesville, Florida; phone (352) 374-5917, e-mail uli.
What does MFRU stand for?
MFRU stands for Mosquito and Fly Research Unit (USDA; Gainesville, FL)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MFRU
We have 1 other meaning of MFRU in our Acronym Attic
- Motion for Relief from Stay (legal proceeding)
- Multi-Feedback Reading System (DataLogic)
- Multi-Filter Rotating Shadowband Radiometer
- Maryland Functional Reading Test
- Middle Fork River Tours (est. 1986; Hailey, ID)
- Mutual Fund Round Table (India)
- Myofascial Release Technique (therapy)
- Monopoly Regulation and Fair Trade Act (Koria)
- More Frequently Referred to As
- Mednarodni Festival Racunalniskih Umetnosti (Slovenian: International Festival of Intermedia Art)
- My Favourite Runner Up (band)
- Minnesota Federation of Republican Women (Hastings, MN)
- Macintosh File System
- Macomb Family Services
- Mad Fabricators Society (Rancho Cucamonga, CA)
- Made from Scratch (various locations)
- Magnetic Tape Field Search
- Maine Forest Service
- Major Facilitator Superfamily
- Managed Firewall Services (secure internal networks)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Recently retired chemist Dave Carlson, entomologist Jerome Hogsette, and colleagues in the Mosquito and Fly Research Unit at the ARS Center for Medical, Agricultural and Veterinary Entomology in Gainesville, Florida, have investigated an alternative control approach: the use of air curtains--the huge blowers used at entrances and exits of some commercial establishments--to keep insect pests from getting off planes after landing.
Entomologists no longer talk of eradicating pests, says Barnard, who heads the mosquito and fly research unit at the U.
Bernier is with the ARS Center for Medical, Agricultural, and Veterinary Entomology's Mosquito and Fly Research Unit in Gainesville, Florida.
Barnard, head of ARS' Mosquito and Fly Research Unit at Gainesville, Florida.
The nuisance effect is tremendous," says Don Barnard, who heads the Mosquito and Fly Research Unit at the agency's Medical and Veterinary Entomology Research Laboratory in Gainesville.