The country's oldest rights organization, the Moscow Helsinki Group, has said it will close down its offices rather than comply, and most other prominent rights groups have said they would not register under the new legislation.
What does MHG stand for?
MHG stands for Moscow Helsinki Group (Russia)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MHG
We have 32 other meanings of MHG in our Acronym Attic
- Marine Hydroelectric Generator
- MEF (Marine Expeditionary Force) Headquarters Group
- Merrimack Health Group (Marblehead, MA)
- Metal Head Gasket
- Meteorological Hydrogen Generator
- Metro Heart Group (St. Louis, MO)
- Middle High German
- Midrash Ha-Gadol (Jewish rabbinic interpretations)
- Monster Hunter G (video game)
- Morgans Hotel Group
- Mousehunt Gold
- Multi-Hop Grooming
- My Holy Grail
- Mystery Hot Girl (slang)
- Miles Hand Grenade/Claymore Mine
- Manitoba Hang Gliding Association (Manitoba, Canada)
- Maryland Hang Gliding Association
- Modular High-Gain Antenna (wireless communications)
- Mid-Hudson Graphic Arts Association (International Association of Printing House Craftsmen; Montgomery, NY)
- Mental Health Gap Action Programme (Geneva, Switzerland; World Health Organisation)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The head of the Moscow Helsinki Group, Lyudmila Alekseyeva, said: "They must be released, they must be apologised to, they must receive compensation for the time they've spent in custody.
It's a very cruel and absurd sentence that proves the well-known fact that Russia has no independent courts," said Lyudmila Alexeyeva, a veteran rights activist and chairwoman of the Moscow Helsinki Group.
I like the principle that says: do not touch the constitution," Lyudmila Alexeyeva, the director or the Moscow Helsinki group, told Interfax.
Ludmilla Alexeeva, Chairperson of the Moscow Helsinki Group and delegate at the conference, emphasised that "this is no time for the leadership of Europe to abandon us to our fate so that they may cuddle up with the new gas Czar of Europe.
Ludmilla Alexeeva, Chairperson of the Moscow Helsinki Group and delegate At the conference, emphasised that "this is no time for the leadership of Europe to abandon us to our fate so that they may cuddle up with the new gas Czar of Europe".
And it produced a document authorising a transfer of pounds 23,000 to the Moscow Helsinki Group, a leading Russian human rights group who have been a persistent critic of President Vladimir Putin.
Some of the groups that the Russians have linked to the affair - though without specifying any violations of law - include the Moscow Helsinki Group, the Center for Democracy and Human Rights, the Eurasian Foundation and the Committee Against Torture.