In this beautifully wrought reproduction of a journal of 1914, nearly 200 photographs and line drawings explain the sets, casting, and blocking of the famous Moscow Art Theater productions of Seagull, Three Sisters, Uncle Vanya, and Ivanov.
What does MAT stand for?
MAT stands for Moscow Art Theater
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MAT
We have 306 other meanings of MAT in our Acronym Attic
- Mobile Agent Technology
- Mobilization Assistance Team
- Modular Alarm Transmitter
- Module Acceptance Test
- Money Advice Trust (UK; est. 1991)
- Monitoring and Administration Tool (software)
- Monitoring, Analysis and Testing
- Monthly Average Total
- Monthly Average Treasury
- Morehead Area Transit (Kentucky, USA)
- Moscow Arts Theatre
- Movement Area Training
- Moving Annual Total
- Moving Treasuries Average
- Mu Alpha Theta (national high school and junior college mathematics club for honors students)
- Multi Axis Trainer
- Multifocal Atrial Tachycardia (type of supra ventricular arrhythmia)
- Multiple Access Technique
- Multiple Access Transponder
- Municipal Association of Tasmania
Samples in periodicals archive:
For the Russian voiceover, Agnew Tech-II selected Dmitri Bourdine, initially from the Moscow Art Theater, featured in US in motion pictures "Cast Away," "The Perfect Sleep," and "Such's Life.
Stalin allowed Bulgakov to remain at the Moscow Art Theater, but amused himself by thwarting the writer's attempts to create or stage almost anything.