The survey of more than 3,000 people across theUK revealed more than one in 50 women had used the morning after pill three timesormoreinthepast12 months, while one in 56 women aged 18-21 admitted using the morning after pill more than five times.
What does MAP stand for?
MAP stands for Morning After Pill
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MAP
We have 1136 other meanings of MAP in our Acronym Attic
- Moisture, Ash and Protein
- Monitored Asynchronous Protocol
- Monitoring Attitudes of the Public (ACLI Survey)
- Monitoring the AIDS Pandemic (Pandémie Mondiale de VIH/SIDA)
- Monoammonium Phosphate (agrochemistry)
- Monophasic Action Potential (cardiac electrophysiology)
- Montana Advocacy Program
- Montreal Action Plan
- Morbidity and Performance Assessment
- More Able Partner (educational assistant)
- Mortgagor Assistance Program (mortgage industry CRM)
- Mortier Adhésif Plâtre (French: Skim Coat Plaster; a construction material)
- Morton Area Players
- Most Amazing Prophecies
- Mote Aquaculture Park (Mote Scientific Foundation; Sarasota, FL)
- Motivated Abilities Pattern (psychology)
- Motivation for Academic Performance (Duke University)
- Motorcycle Advocates of the Philippines (est. 2001)
- Motorist Assistance Patrol
- Motorist Assurance Program
Samples in periodicals archive:
You might want to consider something more reliable than morning after pills as a birth control method.
Byline: SUSIE BONIFACE A WOMAN was refused the morning after pill because the chemist was Muslim and said it was "against her religion".
The morning after pill can prevent implantation, thus aborting a tiny preborn human person," he said.
Among the findings: --69% of the pharmacists indicated that pharmacists should have the authority to refuse filling prescriptions for emergency contraception such as the morning after pill.
The morning after pill is actually a set of four pills - two lots of two taken 12 hours apart - that can be used up to 72 hours after sex.