Either way, the moral of the story is that this fundamental legacy of the American Revolution must be confronted rather than forgotten, perhaps never more urgently than in the current moment of American empire so inimical to the principle of liberty in the world.
What does MOTS stand for?
MOTS stands for Moral of the Story
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
See other definitions of MOTS
We have 17 other meanings of MOTS in our Acronym Attic
- Minitrack Optical Tracking System
- Mobile on the Spot (India, prepaid card)
- Mobile Optical Tracking System
- Mobile Tower System (Army)
- Modified Off The Shelf
- Modified, Off-the-Shelf Software
- Module Test Set
- Moms of Teenagers
- Money On The Spot
- More of the Same
- Mother of Toilet Seat (imitation mother of pearl)
- Multi Organ Transplant Service (London Health Sciences Centre, Canada)
- Mysteries of the Sith (Lucasarts Star Wars game)
- Ministry of Tourism, Sport and the Arts
- Missouri Team Sorting Association
- Multiple Overlapping Thin-Slab Acquisition
- Manual of Traffic Signs and Markings (New Zealand)
- Minnesota Opportunities for Technical Services Excellence (library technical services education)
- Man on the Silver Mountain (song)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Moral Of The Story Bobby & Sherry Norfolk August House PO Box 3233, Little Rock, AK 72203 0874837987 $24.
Perhaps the moral of the story is that people who live in glass houses should not throw stones.
The moral of the story is that, without political support, stepped up oversight from regulators means precious little for depositors.
If the moral of the story is that the taint of idolatry can never be fully eliminated, Shaw rightfully points out that Noland's circles, Johns's targets, and other recognizable artistic emblems of all types acquire iconic status through the culture's Puritan-derived obsession with the power of images.
The moral of the story is to make sure your blood pressure stays down.
The moral of the story is that maturity dates should be watched closely when reporting a gain on the installment method.
The moral of the story is that it's one thing to be "Prayed Up" a nd quite another to be "Paid Up.