Paul Cole of the Montserrat Volcano Observatory said the pyroclastic flows including stones the size of boulders were reaching further down a valley and toward a village.
What does MVO stand for?
MVO stands for Montserrat Volcano Observatory
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MVO
We have 36 other meanings of MVO in our Acronym Attic
- Maatschappelijk Verantwoord Ondernemen (Dutch: Corporate Social Responsibility)
- Male Voice-Over
- Management View Option
- Market Value Opinion
- Materialistic Value Orientation (psychology)
- Mean-Variance Optimization
- Member of the Royal Victorian Order
- Mesenteric Venous Occlusion
- Mississippi Valley Orchestra (Minnesota)
- Money Value Only
- Motor Vehicle Operator
- Mountain View Optometry (California)
- Multilevel Mixed Valence Oxide (memory)
- Musta Veenuse Ordu (Estonian)
- My Virtual Office (administrative support)
- Mixed Venous Oxygen Saturation
- Maharishi Vedic Organic Agriculture
- Manitoba Volleyball Officials Association (Canada)
- Mount Vernon Orchestra Association (Virginia)
- Mountain Village Owners Association (Denver, CO)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The Montserrat Tourist Board (MTB), the Montserrat Volcano Observatory (MVO) and the Fittest Man Running Club will host the first-ever Montserrat Volcano Half Marathon on Dec.
Jonathan, a trained volcanologist will spend the next six months at the Montserrat Volcano Observatory translating scientific results into information the island's threatened population can understand.
As scientists at the Montserrat Volcano Observatory (MVO) issued increasingly dire warnings of the mountain's potential, including the slim chance of a single, massive eruption, worried eyes turned to the nearby island of Martinique.
Stationed at the Montserrat Volcano Observatory, she and other volcanologists (volcano scientists) had been keeping a close eye on the restless mountain for two days.
The recent increase in explosions obviously raises the level of concern over where this eruption is going to go in the future," says Willy Aspinall, a scientist with the British Geological Survey who worked at the Montserrat Volcano Observatory this summer.
Using the ENVOY software system, DMCA officials work in close collaboration with the National Disaster Preparedness and Response Advisory Committee and Montserrat Volcano Observatory to notify residents of volcanic activity and events.
Visitors can participate in a variety of excursions that include a guided kayak and snorkeling tour to Rendezvous Bay Beach, MontserratOs only white-sand beach; island tour with a visit to the Montserrat Volcano Observatory for the chance to watch historic footage of the volcanoOs eruption, as well as catch a glimpse of the waking mountain from the safest vantage point; a rainforest mountain hike that offers panoramic views of Montserrat and neighboring islands; and a day trip to Redonda Island for more diving, hiking and snorkeling.