Written and directed by Baharak Saeid Monir and filmed in Vancouver by Farhad Saba, the film made its world premiere this week at the Montreal World Film Festival.
What does MWFF stand for?
MWFF stands for Montreal World Film Festival
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MWFF
We have 1 other meaning of MWFF in our Acronym Attic
- Mixed Waste Focus Area
- Modified Williamson Functional Assessment (patient improvement)
- Monash Whites Football Club (Monash, Australia)
- Ministry of Women Family and Community Development (Malaysia)
- Multi-Weapon Fire Control System
- Merlin Ward Funk Experience (band)
- Motorola Wireless Field Engineer
- Ministry of Waters, Forests and Environmental Protection (Bucharest, Romania)
- Mid-Willamette Fly Fishers (Corvallis, OR)
- Midwest Furfest
- Montague Wolfpac Fantasy Football League
- Mountain West Flag Football League (Salt Lake City, UT)
- Modified Willett Food Frequency Questionnaire
- Mid-Wisconsin Federated Library System (Horicon, WI)
- Make Way for Me
- Mobile Wireless Fault Mediator (Cisco Systems)
- Mountain Wave Forecast Model (US Naval Research Laboratory)
- Montana-Wyoming Foundation Medical Care
- Mine Warfare Operations
Samples in periodicals archive:
AteE-in DE-E-tE-y-E- Yer" won two awards earlier this month at the Montreal World Film Festival in Canada; the top prize of the festival's World Competition and the FIPRESCI Prize from the fest's International Federation of Film Critics jury.
Japan-Canada movie starring Yuki Kudo wins awards at Montreal festival MONTREAL - The Japanese-Canadian movie "Karakara," starring Japanese actress Yuki Kudo, on Monday won two awards at the Montreal World Film Festival.
LAST year, independent filmmaker Ryan White was braving 50- degree days in Iraq to make Camp Unity , a controversial, award- winning documentary ( which opened Montreal World Film Festival 2010) about Iraqi students -- Arabs and Kurds, Christians and Muslims -- uniting through hip hop, jazz, orchestra music and Broadway acts at an American arts academy in Iraqi Kurdistan.
Summary: Montreal - Two Moroccan movies will be screened at the Montreal World Film Festival, along with 430 movies from 80 countries.
The film won best screenplay at the Montreal World Film Festival in 2007.
Les Jardins de Samira" (Samira's Garden) -- about a woman who falls for a young man after being disappointed in her elderly husband -- by Moroccan director Latif Lahlou won best screenplay at the Montreal World Film Festival in 2007.
Apart from winning Japan's most prestigious awards, the movie won a grand prize at the Montreal World Film Festival and scooped up three prizes at the Chinese equivalent of the Academy Awards.