On February 1, 1956, the Montgomery Improvement Association filed suit in the U.
What does MIA stand for?
MIA stands for Montgomery Improvement Association
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MIA
We have 268 other meanings of MIA in our Acronym Attic
- Missing In Action
- Mission Implementation Agreement
- Mixing in Apples
- Mobile Intelligent Agent
- Mobile Internet Access (GSM)
- Modal Interval Analysis
- Model-Independent Analysis
- Mogadishu International Airport (Mogadishu, Somalia)
- Monosodium Iodoacetate (osteoarthritis animal model)
- Montessori Institute of Atlanta (Atlanta, GA)
- Most Idle Agent (communication systems)
- Motor Industry Archives (UK)
- Motorsport Industry Association (UK)
- Mountain Instructors Award (UK)
- Multinational Insurance Arrangement
- Multiplex Interface Adapter
- Multiplicative Integral Approximation
- Multivariate Index Assay
- Munitions Inerting Area
- Murrumbidgee Irrigation Area (New South Wales, Australia)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The boycott group organized itself as the Montgomery Improvement Association and elected King its president.
1953 marries Coretta Scott 1955 receives PhD in Systematic Theology, and is elected president of Montgomery Improvement Association, Alabama to protest against segregation policy on public transport 1960 wave of sit-in protests take place by black college students June 1963 Birmingham mass demonstrations August 1963 March on Washington for Jobs and Freedom - King delivers his famous speech 1964 King receives a Nobel Peace Prize April 4, 1968 King assassinated on a balcony outside his second-floor room at the Lorraine Motel, Memphis June 8, 1968 James Earl Ray arrested in London for King's murder
King had always disdained legal niceties in his drive to power: he casually violated tax laws, for instance, when during the Montgomery bus boycott era he took, one aide recalled, "lots and lots of dollars" in donations destined for his puppet organizations, the Southern Christian Leadership Conference and Montgomery Improvement Association, and mixed them in with his personal bank accounts.
while president of the Montgomery Improvement Association.
Like his Biblical counterpart, the twenty-six-year-old preacher, with his newly minted doctorate in Systematic Theology from Boston University, did not seek the position of leadership of the newly formed Montgomery Improvement Association (MIA); however, once called, he led the fight that eventually would break the backbone of the American Goliath of racism in Alabama.
Parks led to the formation of the Montgomery Improvement Association, which organized the bus boycott.