The vote, with 389 against staying with the Greenfield-based organization and 116 favoring the status quo, paves the way for the town to join the Montachusett Regional Transit Authority in Fitchburg.
What does MART stand for?
MART stands for Montachusett Regional Transit Authority (Massachusetts)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
See other definitions of MART
We have 31 other meanings of MART in our Acronym Attic
- Master Appropriation Reference Table (US Air Force)
- Math Modeling and Reliability Transducers (for sonar arrays)
- Maximum Average Reframe Time
- Mean Active Repair Time
- Medieval Academy Reprints for Teaching (University of Toronto Press; Toronto, Canada)
- Mid-Atlantic Rail Trails
- Military Air Rescue Team
- Minnesota Association of Rogue Taxidermists
- Modular AMME Remote Terminal
- Modular Automated Terminal Equipment
- Morning Advisory Risk Threat
- Multivariate Adaptive Regression Trees
- MYSTYLe Art (Riga, Latvia)
- Melanoma Antigen Recognized by T Cell 1
- Massachusetts State Association of Regional Transit Authorities
- Metro Atlanta Regional Transportation Authority (Atlanta, GA)
- Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority
- Military Analysis method for Reliable Tactical Assessment (Swedish military)
- Mountain Area Regional Transit Authority (Big Bear Lake, CA)
- Multiple Access Routing Authority (Microsoft Windows)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Local Massachusetts newspaper the Sentinel & Enterprise recently reported that the Montachusett Regional Transit Authority (MART) is considering the purchase of hybrid vehicles from Orion Bus Industries for the region's public transportation fleet.
At the Montachusett Regional Transit Authority Advisory Board meeting Tuesday, officials were excited - and also a little worried - about the impact Littleton's station will have on the area.
Westminster police hand-delivered the order on-site to MBTA contractor Mark Eggleston of S&R Construction; and by certified mail to the Montachusett Regional Transit Authority, which owns the land being developed; to top officials at the MBTA; and to a co-owner of the Westminster Business Park.
Byline: George Barnes WORCESTER - Testimony will continue today in hearings to determine restitution and sentencing of a Newton man who pleaded guilty to paying kickbacks to Montachusett Regional Transit Authority employees to divert transportation services to his companies.
Shrayber paid Montachusett Regional Transit Authority employees in Fitchburg monthly cash bribes to land contracts for his five companies transporting Medicaid patients to medical appointments.
Newton, admitted during a plea hearing in Worcester Superior Court that he paid bribes to two Montachusett Regional Transit Authority employees to get them to bypass a low-bid system and steer business funded by the state's Medicaid program to five transportation companies he owned.
Transit authority wins award FITCHBURG - The Montachusett Regional Transit Authority was named the 2012 Urban Community Transit System of the Year by the Community Transportation Association of America, a national nonprofit based in Washington, D.