Monozygotic twins have almost identical faces and siblings usually have more similar faces than unrelated people, implying that genes play a major role in the appearance of the human face.
What does MZA stand for?
MZA stands for Monozygotic (identical twins)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MZA
We have 4 other meanings of MZA in our Acronym Attic
- Move Zig (For Great Justice; Zero Wing)
- Marginal Zone B Cell
- Mazda 3
- Madrid-Zaragoza-Alicante (railway company; est. 1856; Spain)
- Mendoza, Argentina (airport code)
- Michael Zanuck Agency (Agoura Hills, CA)
- Microsoft Zero Administration
- Miejskie Zaklady Autobusowe (Warsaw, Poland)
- Mt. Zion Apostolic Church (Indiana)
- Mainz Army Depot
- Multicast-Scope Zone Announcement Protocol
- Marginal-Zone B-Cell
- Mariazellerbahn (Austrian scenic narrow gauge railway)
- Marion Zimmer Bradley (author)
- Minnesota Zoological Board (Minnesota Zoological Garden)
- Museum Zoologicum Bogoriense (The Netherlands)
- Mutant Zombie Biker
- Modified Zero-Based Budget (accounting)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Twins may be monozygotic (from single egg) which are identical twins and of same gender.
Because it is possible for the embryo to divide early on, forming monozygotic twins, Shannon believes that personhood cannot be conferred until the process of restriction occurs.
Smoking, Dietary Betaine, Methionine, and Vitamin D in Monozygotic Twins with Discordant Macular Degeneration: Epigenetic Implications," which appeared in the July 2011 issue of Ophthalmology, is the first study to examine identical twin pairs in which one twin had early age-related macular degeneration (AMD), and the other had late-stage AMD.
A subset of 192 twin pairs was included in the final analysis: 54 monozygotic and 138 dizygotic pairs.
6) The monozygotic twins with borderline hypertension (blood pressure >120 mmHg systolic or 80 mmHg diastolic) received a daily dose of 500 or 1000 mg of Benolea in tablet form for 8 weeks or advice on a favourable lifestyle.
[FIGURE OMITTED] We reviewed published reports of monozygotic twins who had both received coronary angiography.
Another report published online in the American Society for Reproductive Medicine's journal Fertility and Sterility describes pregnancies and healthy babies in two groups of patients: a series of women who had premature ovarian failure and received a fresh donated ovary from a monozygotic twin and several women who had cryopreserved tissue transplanted (2010 Feb.