Dissocyanate antigen-stimulated monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 synthesis has greater test efficacy than specific antibodies for identification of clissocyanate asthma.
What does MCP-1 stand for?
MCP-1 stands for Monocyte Chemoattractant Protein-1
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of MCP-1
- Multimode Communications Processor
- Multiple Cable Penetrator
- Multiport Communication Processor
- Multiprotocol Communications Processor (Sun Microsystems)
- Municipal Compliance Plan
- Mutual Coupling Parameter
- My Course Planning (Australia)
- Myrinet Control Program
- Microsoft Certified Professional Plus Internet
- Macrophage/Monocyte Chemoattractant Protein-1 (immunology)
- Monocyte Chemotactic Protein-1
- Mass Customization and Personalization in Central Europe
- Media and Communications Processor - Dolby Digital (NVIDIA nForce)
- Master Control Program/Advanced System
- Microchannel Plate/Photomultiplier Tube
- Metaphase Chromosome Protein 1 (human autoantigen)
- Monocyte Chemoattractant Protein 1
- Monocyte Chemotactic Protein 1
- Multi-Configurational Particle-Particle Propagator
- Monocyte Chemotactic Protein-3 (chemokine)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The expression of immunomodulatory membrane molecules such as inter-cellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1) by Western blot analysis, and the release of chemokines such as monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1) and interleukin-8 (IL-8) through ELISA kits, were determined.
Monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 regulates migration and infiltration of monocytes into tissues where they replenish infection-fighting macrophages.
The main function of IL-17-secreting T cells is to mediate inflammation, by stimulating production of inflammatory cytokines, such as TNF-alpha, IL-1beta and IL-6, and inflammatory chemokines, including CXCL-6, CXCL-7, CXCL-8, IL-8 and monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1), and metalloproteinases that promote the recruitment of neutrophils and macrophages (recruited by Thl cells) resulting in inflammation and tissue pathology (Fig.
Other topics include intrathecal upregulation of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 in amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, serum levels of interleukin-16 in lymphoid neoplastic diseases, and syndecans as modulators of chemokine function.
Deregulated expression of monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1) in arterial hypertension: role in endothelial inflammation and atheromasia.
With respect to inflammatory diseases of the kidney, leukocyte infiltration is mediated by proinflammatory chemokines, (19-23) and the chemokine monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1) has been shown to be pathogenic for kidney injury in murine lupus nephritis, and significantly associated with human SLE nephritis.
CAL also increased the expression of vascular cell adhesion molecule-1 (VCAM-1) and monocyte chemoattractant protein-1 (MCP-1).