If you prefer immediate access to your money, money market deposit accounts and traditional savings accounts are better options.
What does MMDA stand for?
MMDA stands for Money Market Deposit Account
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of MMDA
We have 19 other meanings of MMDA in our Acronym Attic
- Munitions Management Device, Version 1
- 3-Methoxy-4,5-Methylenedioxyamphetamine (psychedelic phenethylamine)
- Madras Metropolitan Development Authority (Recently named to CMDA)
- Manitoba Motor Dealers Association
- Martin Marietta Denver Aerospace
- Metro Manila Development Authority
- Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (Philippines)
- Metropolitan Municipal and District Assembly
- Michigan Medical Device Association
- Minnesota Medical Directors Association (Minneapolis, MN)
- Montreal Museum of Decorative Arts (Montreal, Canada)
- Milstar Master Database
- Mission Manifesting Data Base
- Molecular Modeling Database
- Monday Morning Drive By (band)
- Molecular Modeling Database Accession Number
- Mouse Microsatellite Data Base of Japan
- Martins, Miragaia, Dráusio e Camargo (São Paulo, Brazil heroes killed in the 1932 revolution)
- Mendota Mdewakanton Dakota Community (Mendota, Minnesota)
- Micropacific Manpower Development Corporation
Samples in periodicals archive:
Wall Street offers an abundance of investment products that look almost as safe as the money market deposit accounts offered at the local bank.
The Impact Savings Program offers an 18-month Certificate of Deposit (CD) and a Money Market Deposit Account (MMDA) option.
During the transition, a reservable twenty-four-transaction money market deposit account (MMDA) would be authorized.
Money market deposit accounts offer some degree of access to your money and a higher rate of return than savings accounts.
In addition to the loans offered on the site, PNC Bank will offer certificates of deposit, money market deposit accounts, small-business banking products, calculators and articles with informative consumer tips on saving and borrowing.
While the relation between money definition M1 (currency + traveler's checks + demand deposits + other checkable accounts) and the rate of growth of nominal output has deteriorated in recent years, the authors think that M2 (M1 + overnight repurchase agreements + overnight Eurodollar accounts + money market funds + money market deposit accounts + savings deposits + small time deposits), still tracks the economy fairly well.
Deposits have shifted to checking and money market deposit accounts at financial institutions from traditional stable sources of retail CDs and Jumbo CDs.